Home

Is there a such thing about being too negative about this game

This is a discussion on Is there a such thing about being too negative about this game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2009, 04:44 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Is there a such thing about being too negative about this game

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
He feels the game is stagnant and many, myself included tend to agree. Don't bash his opinion for the sake of bashing... as he has a right to speak it. If you don't feel the game is stagnant then tell us why? Personally I have seen almost no change to the basics of this game in close to a decade and next gen is still well below last gen levels.
Does this game feel like 08 to you with less turnovers? Don't know why that just popped into my head, but it did.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2009, 11:54 PM   #66
Pro

OVR: 5

From a consumer’s standpoint, I would say no. Let’s face it, these games are not cheap, and after seeing where EA went with the franchise on the last-gen consoles, I think we have a legitimate beef. After all, EA knows what made this franchise popular and the strides they made with the game on the old consoles. Today’s consumers are much more demanding than they were…say…6 years ago and today’s gamers are much more informed – we know what today’s consoles are capable of and want a game that truly lives up to the tag “next-gen”.

Personally, I think the NCAA Development Team can do better. I am not saying they are not trying, nor am I saying they are not trying to put out a quality product. All I am saying is they have clearly missed a lot of the high points that made this franchise a success, despite repeated request from the consumers.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:00 AM   #67
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Most of the complaints about the game are valid. It hasn't lived up to its predecessors on the last gen consoles. Play NCAA 06 again, then play 10. See how bland 10 is. To be honest, NCAA 06 plays a better game of football than 10 and it has 100 times better presentation.
Sure, 10 is fun, I like it. But there's little things that used to be in last gen versions of the game that aren't present in 10, which is mind numbingly disappointing 4 years into next gen.
Old 08-11-2009, 02:18 PM   #68
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndhusker90
Most of the complaints about the game are valid. It hasn't lived up to its predecessors on the last gen consoles. Play NCAA 06 again, then play 10. See how bland 10 is. To be honest, NCAA 06 plays a better game of football than 10 and it has 100 times better presentation.
Sure, 10 is fun, I like it. But there's little things that used to be in last gen versions of the game that aren't present in 10, which is mind numbingly disappointing 4 years into next gen.
I have said on this forum 100's of times that for my money NCAA 06 is the best college football game I have ever played. I played over 13 seasons with 06, the most I have ever played with a game. NCAA 10 has some solid gameplay but it lacks "fun and excitement" that NCAA last gen used to have. We are still missing:

Formation subs
FCS teams
custom playbooks
create-a-fan
heisman ceremony
stadium pulse
confidence and composure metre
coaches on the field
refs on the field
excellent progression
atmosphere
stat overlays
cut scenes
dynamic intros

etc, etc etc.

Until I see these things in NEXT GEN I won't be totally satisfied
Old 08-11-2009, 03:17 PM   #69
Banned

WisconsinSports414's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
I have said on this forum 100's of times that for my money NCAA 06 is the best college football game I have ever played. I played over 13 seasons with 06, the most I have ever played with a game. NCAA 10 has some solid gameplay but it lacks "fun and excitement" that NCAA last gen used to have. We are still missing:

Formation subs
FCS teams
custom playbooks
create-a-fan
heisman ceremony
stadium pulse
coaches on the field
refs on the field
excellent progression
atmosphere
stat overlays
cut scenes
dynamic intros

etc, etc etc.

Those would all be nice, but I personally would prefer if they fix the line play - probably the most important aspect of football on the field. And, pass coverages. Borked zones are damn near a game killer.
Old 08-11-2009, 05:48 PM   #70
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisconsinSports414
Those would all be nice, but I personally would prefer if they fix the line play - probably the most important aspect of football on the field. And, pass coverages. Borked zones are damn near a game killer.
Zone coverages = epic fails.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:29 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 4

That Hitler video is awesome. HAH! "Don't worry they added mascot games." I just wish EA would make the next gen NCAA games with similar gameplay to the days of PS2 NCAA. Like 06 or 05 when there were awesome gameplay features. The stadium would rumble when you pumped up your crowd all the way, option runs counted as rushing YDS in stats, ETC. These next gen games need to be more like the older PS2 versions. And EA should test the games more looking for gameplay flaws, I think the game is fun but there is a lot of things EA should look to improve next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2009, 06:33 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

Formation subs
FCS teams
custom playbooks
create-a-fan
heisman ceremony
stadium pulse
coaches on the field
refs on the field
excellent progression
atmosphere
stat overlays
cut scenes
dynamic intros

etc, etc etc.

All those features are what I miss from las GEN games. All your points are solid and EA should look at these features for next yr as a solid foundation. Add zone coverage flaws in there and coverage flaws in general. And the fact that the option run stat is flawed. Also man press is glitched with the QB throwing the ball right after he snaps it to nobody 85% of the time with press coverage.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »