Home

2015 preseason progression is not as bad as i was told.

This is a discussion on 2015 preseason progression is not as bad as i was told. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2009, 11:09 AM   #57
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: 2015 preseason progression is not as bad as i was told.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
I can't understand why people dispute this.

You need the crappy teams! You need the North Texas's and Middle Tennesee State's of the world. You need teams to have exploitable weaknesses.

You mentioned earlier than some teams have "only one" 99 rated OL and the rest are 90. Well to truly strategize, you need other teams (and yours) to have exploitable weaknesses!

The chasms of awesome-decent-crappy need to be larger. What is the fun of assembling a 90 avg OL and facing an 87 avg DL? If you work to recruit that studly OL you should except to face 77 avg DL every once in a while and take advantage of them.
I don't care what teams become good, but some teams need to become bad.

There needs to be:
10 Top Tier A rated teams competing for the title
30 B Rated teams that could pull upstes on the A rated teams and potentially make a title run.
50 C rated teams that have little chance of beating an A, but could make life miserable for a B
30 D rated teams that are just fluff schedule filler. Could possibly beat some C teams, be a huge upset if they beat a B and would be a once in a Decade ESPN Headline if they stunned an A. Typically would come into a game against an A team as a 35+ point underdog.

Thats how college football works. This game does not work that way.

Even in the tests Adam ran, he had 88 schools B- rated or better in 2014. Its broken. It should be an easy fix. In fact all the stuff off the field should be an easy fix. They have already developed the logic, it worked fine on last gen. I think it worked last year as well on the 360. I find it hard to believe that all of a sudden this correct logic has disappeared like the blueprints to the great Pyramids. Its frustrating that 4 years into this next gen fiasco and they are still years behind where they were in 2006 for the PS2.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:14 AM   #58
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
OP, you're dead on with everything you've said. Some people are so hell bent on complaining they don't take the time to be rational. You're saying exactly what I said, just being rational and investigating the progression issue. You found exactly what I did: an issue that needs to be resolved but one that does not ruin the game.
Doesn't ruin the game for you and this guy, but clearly it ruins it for a lot of people.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:21 AM   #59
Banned

mvandor's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaminKG21
Doesn't ruin the game for you and this guy, but clearly it ruins it for a lot of people.

We have a couple of verbose posters here, including the rapper guy who looks like the El Pollo Loco dude, trying very hard to downplay the issue. Really, I have no problem if it does not bother them, that's fine. But the constant posting to downplay it starts an undercurrent supporting the possibility that EA will do nothing to address it because "oh well, it's no biggie".

That ticks me off because that will affect me and my ability to enjoy the game - and I fully anticipate, Madden as well due to FUBAR draft class imports.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:26 AM   #60
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvandor
We have a couple of verbose posters here, including the rapper guy who looks like the El Pollo Loco dude, trying very hard to downplay the issue. Really, I have no problem if it does not bother them, that's fine. But the constant posting to downplay it starts an undercurrent supporting the possibility that EA will do nothing to address it because "oh well, it's no biggie".

That ticks me off because that will affect me and my ability to enjoy the game - and I fully anticipate, Madden as well due to FUBAR draft class imports.
Definitely a mistake to post a picture of yourself with the tag line "Best Rapper Alive". Just asking for it really.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:35 AM   #61
stewaat

OVR:

My avatar is Slug of Atmosphere, a well-known underground hip-hop group from Minneapolis, MN.

He's mixed (white/black), not mexican

Pretty ignorant to assume it was a picture of me.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2009, 11:35 AM   #62
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaminKG21
Sucks to be one of the people it ruins the game for!

Old 08-06-2009, 11:39 AM   #63
Pro

Quote:
My avatar is Slug of Atmosphere, a well-known underground hip-hop group from Minneapolis, MN.

He's mixed (white/black), not mexican

Pretty ignorant to assume it was a picture of me.
Fair enough, I've never seen that guy in my life and I live in Minneapolis and know who Atmosphere is. Clearly just never seen a picture of the guy.

I'm mixed as well (white/filipino), and I get mistaken for Hispanic all the time. Ever seen "Super Troopers".

Don't think it was ignorant though, just a casual mistake.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:40 AM   #64
Pro

Quote:
Sucks to be one of the people it ruins the game for!
Yes, it does suck. That now qualifies as the most true statement you've made so far.

Yay you!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »