Home

DL recruiting for a 3-4

This is a discussion on DL recruiting for a 3-4 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2013, 02:42 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: DL recruiting for a 3-4

Do 3-4 OLB both have same responsibility of rushing the QB and/or coverage? Or is 1 going to have different responsibilities than the other? Same with MLB - same responsibilities?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2013, 02:51 PM   #26
Rookie

Peacefrog's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazey
Do 3-4 OLB both have same responsibility of rushing the QB and/or coverage? Or is 1 going to have different responsibilities than the other? Same with MLB - same responsibilities?
Depends on the plays you call. If you know you've got a lil' Clay Matthews on the left side, blitz from that side, or at least move him to the right before you send pressure from that direction. If he's faster and better in coverage, don't send him to the QB as often.

If you don't want to take the time to worry about all of that before snapping the ball, recruit all "balanced" OLB's and have them do whatever you want
Old 09-16-2013, 03:07 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 3

Yea wondering about recruiting personnel for the 3-4, like should I recruit OLB's than are nothing but rushing OLB's, or should I have a mix of speed/coverage OLB's . Should the MLB's be the same skill set or do I want 1 MLB that's better in run stopping and another that's better in coverage or should they both be same skill set for the most part?

Trying to get a feel of how to recruit LB's for the 3-4. Know what kind to look for but wondering if in an ideal situation you want a mix of OLB and MLB or if you want MLB/OLB with the same skill set for the most part.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:42 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Like you edit their height/weight?
Yes. I edit their height and weight. I put the DE's anywhere from 295 to 320-330 depending on the speed rating. DT I usually keep between 310-325 (maybe more). LB's I go anywhere between 235-265. Depending on what postion they are. My weakside I tend to keep smaller cause he's my rusher. My MLB's I keep around 245-255. My strong side I tend to keep a little bit bigger.

You can call it being a "Homer". But as Tupac said, its California Love.

My Teams
NFL- San Francisco 49ers
NBA- Los Angeles Lakers
NHL- Anaheim Ducks
MLB - Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
NCAA - USC
Old 09-16-2013, 10:45 PM   #29
MVP

Quote:
Yea wondering about recruiting personnel for the 3-4, like should I recruit OLB's than are nothing but rushing OLB's, or should I have a mix of speed/coverage OLB's . Should the MLB's be the same skill set or do I want 1 MLB that's better in run stopping and another that's better in coverage or should they both be same skill set for the most part?

Trying to get a feel of how to recruit LB's for the 3-4. Know what kind to look for but wondering if in an ideal situation you want a mix of OLB and MLB or if you want MLB/OLB with the same skill set for the most part.
Depends on your 3-4. I run a 3 man front. So any formation that uses a 3 man front I throw into my defensive playbook. I run strictly blitz and man coverage. I kind of explained above how I do my LB's. Your strong side is typically your LOLB, and your weak side is typically your ROLB. I like have my MLB go balanced, my LOLB as a coverage back, and my ROLB as my blitz back.

My Teams
NFL- San Francisco 49ers
NBA- Los Angeles Lakers
NHL- Anaheim Ducks
NCAA - USC
Old 09-16-2013, 10:49 PM   #30
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by skundy
Going as far as height/weight edits is a little much IMO, but thats just my opinion. In fact its kind of like cheat/cheezing
I totally understand where you can see that, it being cheezing or cheating. I just change their weights though. I don't touch height. When I recruit, I try to recruit as close as possible to where I don't need to change their weight. I mainly just do it for realism on my part. I personally just find it hard to find the right guys for what I run.

My Teams
NFL- San Francisco 49ers
NBA- Los Angeles Lakers
NHL- Anaheim Ducks
NCAA - USC

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »