Home

Dynasties of Years Past

This is a discussion on Dynasties of Years Past within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2009, 12:07 AM   #9
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Dynasties of Years Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT
Ohhhh, you had to ask

The first NCAA I got was in 2002, which I think was the first year they made them for the PS2, but I could be wrong. That was also the year I got an Xbox, and I had the game on two consoles that year (that was the Joey Harrington cover, wasn't it?) Anyway, if that's the year Eric Crouch (Heisman winner from Nebraska) was a senior then that's the one I'm talking about.

I was a huuuuge Eric Crouch fan despite not being a Nebraska fan, and did my first dynasty then when I was 11 years old. I won the Big 12 and National Championship and then had to recruit another quarterback who ended up being really good for two years until I moved on to do another (Nebraska was too easy, but I remember that QB wearing #15 and OWNING in the flexbone).

I don't remember the years on the others, but I'm pretty sure I did one of the following on 2002 and one on 2003. I did a Buffalo and Connecticut at some point (when they were still independents if I remember right). I still have the most vivid memory of my 3-star halfback recruit, Henry Addis #45, he was the only 3-star recruit in the class and I used the crap out of him. Ah, the good ole days...

Great thread idea btw
Haha! I was a HUGE Eric Crouch fan(although I'm a hardcore Nebraska fan) Man was he a blast to play with on NCAA.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:06 PM   #10
Rookie

4solo's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
My first dynasty was with Purdue on the Ps1. Dree Brees was the QB. My second was with Georgia when Quincy Carter was in college. Ya'll youngins don't know about those days haha. Just teasing.

The funny thing is I am a die hard Miami and LSU fan. I just had mad love for Drew and Quincy's games back then. Those dudes were great college QB's. Drew was one of the best I've seen.
Yea those were the days i played HS football with Quincy. My first dyn was with Bama in the first NCAA that had DYn mode ( think it was 97 or 98 not sure) all i remeber was that DYN mode was only 4 years long! lol
Old 08-06-2009, 02:20 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

I rememer running a dynasty with Michigan STate back in 1997 or maybe 1996.

Funny thing is, I still remember my QB went to the Senior Bowl. Funny how we had things 13 years ago that we don't have now.

I also remember you could scout your opponent and it would tell you what plays it ran most, and then you could go into practice and practice against them.

I also remember a ticker of other games going accross the screen while you played.

13 years ago on a PS1 and we still haven't made it back yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2009, 02:26 PM   #12
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
I rememer running a dynasty with Michigan STate back in 1997 or maybe 1996.

Funny thing is, I still remember my QB went to the Senior Bowl. Funny how we had things 13 years ago that we don't have now.

I also remember you could scout your opponent and it would tell you what plays it ran most, and then you could go into practice and practice against them.

I also remember a ticker of other games going accross the screen while you played.

13 years ago on a PS1 and we still haven't made it back yet.
i wish they had that scout your opponent thing still.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:40 PM   #13
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

From what I can remember:

'09 - FSU (Online Dynasty)

'08 - SMU & USF (SMU for the 1 to 6 star achievement but mainly USF with Grothe & Mike Ford.)

'07 - UNLV - Had a lot of fun moving them into the PAC-10

'06 - Toledo - Bruce Gradkowski to Lance Moore connection was lethal in the MAC

'05 - Bowling Green - Omar Jacobs was a monster running the spread

'04 - TT - Either Kliff Kingsbury or BJ Symons was my QB with Taurean Henderson as the dual threat HB.

Way back in the day I used to use Michigan State with TJ Duckett & Plax I think.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:49 PM   #14
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
'04 - TT - Either Kliff Kingsbury or BJ Symons was my QB with Taurean Henderson as the dual threat HB.
that was Symons.

Henderson was a great dual threat HB, he owned a lot of the career receiving records for TTU until Crabtree came. Henderson still owns the career reception record for TTU though. he was also a beast in NCAA '06 thanks to the impact player status.

don't forget good ole Wes Welker at WR.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 08-06-2009, 11:02 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3
Icon6 Re: Dynasties of Years Past

Man I can't even remember the first dynasty I played. My good friend from HS and College and I would skip school the day the game came out each year dating back to NCAA2000, and we would start a dynasty. We would regularly pull all nighters with dr pepper and pizza on the weekends while each plays their games.

I do remember one dynasty in NCAA 2001 which I was Michigan and recruited a Safety who was 6'2" and 215lbs. He was my Brian Urlacher. Man those were the good ole days!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2009, 11:08 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 6

Kent State, 2005, I won the national championship in the third year, beat Auburn in the title game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »