Home

Dynasties of Years Past

This is a discussion on Dynasties of Years Past within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2009, 02:24 AM   #17
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Dynasties of Years Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan04103
Man I can't even remember the first dynasty I played. My good friend from HS and College and I would skip school the day the game came out each year dating back to NCAA2000, and we would start a dynasty. We would regularly pull all nighters with dr pepper and pizza on the weekends while each plays their games.

I do remember one dynasty in NCAA 2001 which I was Michigan and recruited a Safety who was 6'2" and 215lbs. He was my Brian Urlacher. Man those were the good ole days!
indeed the good ole days. my friends and I used to have these NCAA 'parties' where for like 30 hours we would just play NCAA nonstop. We had tournaments and it was such a blast
I miss those days...
Old 08-07-2009, 02:29 AM   #18
Rookie

limsol45's Arena

OVR: 3

mine was ncaa 99 on ps1. I played with my vols of course and i remember throwing to peerless price a lot. I think he won the heisman(or ea MVP), didn't have the Heisman in the game. It didn't really have recruiting, but like a draft system between teams to get new players. I think this was the 1st import to madden game too. Still use that feature today
Old 08-07-2009, 03:30 AM   #19
Rookie

Jobe111's Arena

OVR: 4

Mine was the days when Byron Leftwich was marching us down fielding, throwing the deep routes to Darius Watts.

Marshall used to be unstoppable back then

We just wait for our turn to speak.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:51 AM   #20
MVP

FunkDockta27's Arena

OVR: 17

oh heck, i remember NCAA97...with my boy Danny Wuerrful (still cant spell it after all these years lol)...first serious dynasty i ran was with Cincy in 2005, 3 yrs, 2 bowl wins, no ncaa championships tho...then BC for 3 yrs, got a recruit better than Matt Ryan i started him in yr 2 and 3...guy was tall, fast...a machine...

i need to get a gamecube and 05 again (sigh)

FIFA12 PS3
St Pats 44 pts; 2nd place

NCAA14 PS3
Career W-L: 50-39
NoTex 2013 CUSA Champs
Old 08-07-2009, 07:44 AM   #21
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41

Notre Dame on Bill Wash Football 10-2 National Champs

Eastern Michigan on GameBreaker 0-11 (I know)

Toledo Rockets on NCAA 01-present: I have made 2 National Championships (lost both) 10 bowls with a record of 7-3 and have won the MAC 9 times.

I have won like 20 Super Bowls in Madden so I am kinda a big deal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2009, 08:26 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

hol crap yall are bringing back some memories i almost forgot about. I cant remember my first dynasty, it was defintely on PS1 though and im sure it was with Bama. I used to love playing games with the legendary teams as well... old school defenses against new school offense. as much as i hated them that 01 Miami offense was beastly. i also remember using all my draft picks to trade the good players to my teams on Madden. Im not that into madden anymore, usually stick with ncaa, through the ups and downs.

Anyone remember a pro game where you could tackle the ball carrier like 3 or 4 times after the play was dead? i think it was joe montana but im not sure. i loved that to... play is whistled dead and you could hit him as many times before the screen changed to "pick your play".

good ole dys...
Old 08-07-2009, 08:55 AM   #23
Banned

SeminoleWAY's Arena

OVR: 6

First one was with NCAA '99, played with my 'Noles. Couldn't really recruit the kids your self, just had to say what you wanted and stuff like that.

I still remember one year, can't remember the actually game year, but I was Georgia, I recruited this low low star QB, man...he ran the option play like Tommy Frasier. Kid was awesome, couldn't be stopped. He had a heart of a lion I know that, he would get smacked time after time after time, still got up. I don't think he EVER got hurt in his 4 years starting. Yes, back then Georgia was that bad I think a 3* had to start at QB for 4 years. If I remember right I had to RS him, he started after David Greene left. DJ Shockley was hurt or something, can't remember to much details about that. But anyway, kid was magical, he actually made me believe I couldn't lose a game when I played with him. I think I too drafted him in Madden, but he didn't really do nothing in the NFL. To me, he was a college legend. I think in his time as my QB, I won 3 SEC titles and played for a national title and won. I've never since had a QB like him. Kid took every hit you can think of and NEVER got hurt.

Good times.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:29 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

Its probably sad that this is the topic that draws me away from a life of lurking around these here boards but what the hell.

I've run dynasties on NCAA ranging back to 2000 when Ricky Williams was on the cover.

I typically run a Michigan dynasty but the most fun I've ever had playing this game was in 2004 when I and two of my college roommates ran a dynasty together.

I was Air Force, Roommate A was Utah and Roommate B was Colorado State. In our 7th season I switched and took over at Eastern Michigan finally ending Air Forces college football dominance.

Roommate A - who typically fished the season with only one lose to me - finally made it to the BCS title game with Utah against Texas where he was unceremoniously destroyed by a very high-powered Texas passing attack.

At some point Roommate B and I talked a little too much trash about Roommate A losing to Texas and that ended our several month long NCAA 2004 dynasty. Ahhh what a ride.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »