Home

NCAA 10 ratings

This is a discussion on NCAA 10 ratings within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2009, 10:57 PM   #9
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NCAA 10 ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvandor
First, the difference in ratings gets reduced at higher levels, such as Heisman. One of the reasons I've dropped to Varsity.

Second, it's not about the overall rating but the components like speed, agility, acceleration, awareness.

Third, pursuit angles and those related ratings come into play as well.

You need to look deeper.

I usually scout my dynasty CPU opponents for weaknesses, particularly the CB's. If an opposing CB has slow speed I'll depth chart adjust my fastest WR against that CB and run deeper patterns on him. If his agility is poor I'll run quick breaking routes like slants against him lining up my WR with best agility and route running attributes.

There is some pre-game strategy involved.
Nice, you dont see too many actual Strategy responses on here..
Old 08-06-2009, 11:23 PM   #10
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvandor
First, the difference in ratings gets reduced at higher levels, such as Heisman. One of the reasons I've dropped to Varsity.

Second, it's not about the overall rating but the components like speed, agility, acceleration, awareness.

Third, pursuit angles and those related ratings come into play as well.

You need to look deeper.

I usually scout my dynasty CPU opponents for weaknesses, particularly the CB's. If an opposing CB has slow speed I'll depth chart adjust my fastest WR against that CB and run deeper patterns on him. If his agility is poor I'll run quick breaking routes like slants against him lining up my WR with best agility and route running attributes.

There is some pre-game strategy involved.
That sounds awesome, but how can you do all of this if you are on Varsity? Do you win every game by blowout?
Old 08-07-2009, 12:27 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

Personally I like J-Units All-American sliders, I've had fantastic results with these...but I use a powerhouse like Florida, so the higher level allows other teams to keep pace. Stragely enough Heisman is pretty easy, except for the fact that it boosts up Robo QB by like ten fold even if you drop the CPU QB ACC to 5. I'd recommend trying those sliders with 7 or 8 minute quarters (I'm using 8 and just taking my time at line making adjustments)

I'm having to use a couple rules to make the game a bit more challenge; such as I can't use press coverage on consecutive plays. ***Press coverage in this game is ridiculous!!! You can shut down an opposing QB simply by using press man the whole game. Which is probably the reason your having so much success using lesser plays against good ones.

But to anyone who wants a good realistic game J-Units settings are the way to go imo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2009, 12:53 AM   #12
Banned

mvandor's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
That sounds awesome, but how can you do all of this if you are on Varsity? Do you win every game by blowout?

It's really a misimpression in the commmunity that if you're a man you have to play on Heisman, or that with sliders you can't get a challenge on Varsity or AA. You can.

And no not all wins are blowouts, but I'm in season 6 and we all know by then you usually have built the best team in the game, therefore it does get too easy by virtue of that factor. That's why I usually switch to a lesser team about that point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »