Home

The CPU cheesed me!

This is a discussion on The CPU cheesed me! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2009, 09:51 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
The CPU cheesed me!

For my game plan, I had defensive line set to aggressive, because the computer doesn't often hard count especially when I'm at home. So I stopped the CPU on a 4th and goal from my 4 yard line. They come out for a FG and do a hard count! Offsides, 2 yards. Then they do it again! Offsides again, now the ball is on the 1 yard line and they can pound it in with a HB dive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2009, 10:20 AM   #2
Banned

feedthehorse28's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: The CPU cheesed me!

not sure if thats cheesing but it sucks regardless

shouldve turned off your aggressive d-line
Old 08-06-2009, 10:23 AM   #3
Rookie

After the first offsides I did turn it off. I think the game plan thing has a lag and doesn't go into effect until a quarter or timeout or something.

And that has to be cheese - cheese is when you exploit a nuance of the game that has nothing to do with real football strategy. The CPU recognized my game plan thing and then caught me offsides. Going offsides on a field goal from the 4 yard line would never happen in a real game more than once.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:28 AM   #4
Banned

feedthehorse28's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_Piazza
After the first offsides I did turn it off. I think the game plan thing has a lag and doesn't go into effect until a quarter or timeout or something.

And that has to be cheese - cheese is when you exploit a nuance of the game that has nothing to do with real football strategy. The CPU recognized my game plan thing and then caught me offsides. Going offsides on a field goal from the 4 yard line would never happen in a real game more than once.
yeah the whole gameplanning thing is a broken feature, i just keep it on balanced constantly so i dont get jewed by the COM

you definitely got screwed by the COM but they hard count on field goals all the time to try and draw you offsides. i just dont really consider that cheesing, just the COM being gay lol
Old 08-06-2009, 10:47 AM   #5
We had subs. It was crazy

MBFranchise's Arena

OVR: 9

the CPU hardcount as cheese?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2009, 01:34 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBFranchise
the CPU hardcount as cheese?
They hardcounted twice in a row and both times got me offsides. I think this is more about how the game plan system works. You shouldn't go offsides every time if you set it on aggressive. The system is too simple. What if I want my linebackers to tackle conservatively but my safeties to go for big hits? What team in real life tells their entire team to go for big hits or to jump the snap on every play?
Old 08-06-2009, 02:38 PM   #7
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_Piazza
They hardcounted twice in a row and both times got me offsides. I think this is more about how the game plan system works. You shouldn't go offsides every time if you set it on aggressive. The system is too simple. What if I want my linebackers to tackle conservatively but my safeties to go for big hits? What team in real life tells their entire team to go for big hits or to jump the snap on every play?
and you never hard count twice in a row??
boo hoo. get over it.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:42 PM   #8
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

I wouldnt call it cheese but it does suck. Never seen or heard of a hard count on a field goal

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »