Home

OS NCAA 10 Preview: Big East

This is a discussion on OS NCAA 10 Preview: Big East within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2009, 11:59 PM   #9
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

OVR: 6
I also love it when people say "The Big East sucks ever since Miami and BC left. Over the past 2 years, 5 teams in the BE have been rated higher than either of those teams both years.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:09 AM   #10
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23
Big Least teams are always ranked in the top 25 due to over-ranking thanks to their past. They should NOT be a BCS conference.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:28 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 15
@ Dbrentonbuck If it wasn't for WVU beating the teams in the bowl games because of the talent of Steve Slaton & Pat White the big east would be in trouble I know alot about football really all sports and I'm not being trendy the reason Big East teams bubble up in the top 25 is because the SEC and Big 12 and maybe even the Big Ten to some extent beat up on each other and effects their rankings. But like I said in my 1st post now that WVU is on the way back down no more bowl wins over a major conference and your arguement that 5 teams in the Big East have ranked higher than Miami and BC well DUH thats my point they are in better conferences now hence more of a chance to lose when THE U was in the Big East They Owned the Big East after Mcnabb and Harrison had they run with the Cuse know what your talking about 1st cause if Miami was still in the Big East Uconn would still be a free win for them and Rutgers lol yeah ok I'm from Jersey and we dont claim them one good year does not make for a powerhouse so keep on with ya "parity" whatever helps ya sleep lol.

P.S. For the record from and In Jersey but Miami and WVU supporter since the days of Major Harris so I know and still love my Big East just not as interesting when you bring in those Conference USA teams like Cincinatti when you take away a MIAMI Hurricanes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2009, 12:35 AM   #12
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

Re: OS NCAA 10 Preview: Big East

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescoop
Big Least teams are always ranked in the top 25 due to over-ranking thanks to their past. They should NOT be a BCS conference.
So, you are saying that somewhere there is a computer programer who helped write the BCS algorithim and he decided that he was going to put a computation in the program that would give the BE a higher rating based on something that happened 5 years ago?

Then, for the human element involved in the bcs ratings, there are a group of people sitting in a dark room that say "Remember when Miami and BC were in the Big East, that was cool. Lets rate Pitt higher because of that."

That makes sense.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:50 AM   #13
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbrentonbuck
So, you are saying that somewhere there is a computer programer who helped write the BCS algorithim and he decided that he was going to put a computation in the program that would give the BE a higher rating based on something that happened 5 years ago?

Then, for the human element involved in the bcs ratings, there are a group of people sitting in a dark room that say "Remember when Miami and BC were in the Big East, that was cool. Lets rate Pitt higher because of that."

That makes sense.
Wow, I didn't release you were clueless and need to be explained all. No, that isn't what I'm saying. I'm saying that for years, in large part due to Miami, VT and BC, the Big East was a well respected conference with teams compeating for a national championship. That's why. Not because of the stupid dark room thing you dreamed I implied.

Now, they feature teams like South Florida that just a couple of years ago was a mid-major. A mid-major that couldn't even really hang in CUSA. They didn't go from mid-major to national power. They were put up on the mantel by the name of the Big East.

The computers are horrible and we've seen the mistakes they've made, but the human element is what made the Big Least still considered a power when they are a mere mid-major conference, maybe one of the stronger mid-major conferences, but a mid-major non-the-less.

Also, the BCS itself is a farce. The comish of the Big Least was (might still be) its president. If he hadn't held that position when they lost those teams it might not have stayed in the BCS. The sports writers over hype that conference every year. If you rank an average team, playing in an average conference, in the top ten and they run the table they might be a top team in the computer due to fact they were over-ranked to start.

The Big East is NOT a power conference anymore. Will it be again one day, who knows? But it is a mid-major pretending to be a big boy now.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:53 AM   #14
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrell28
@ Dbrentonbuck If it wasn't for WVU beating the teams in the bowl games because of the talent of Steve Slaton & Pat White the big east would be in trouble I know alot about football really all sports and I'm not being trendy the reason Big East teams bubble up in the top 25 is because the SEC and Big 12 and maybe even the Big Ten to some extent beat up on each other and effects their rankings. But like I said in my 1st post now that WVU is on the way back down no more bowl wins over a major conference and your arguement that 5 teams in the Big East have ranked higher than Miami and BC well DUH thats my point they are in better conferences now hence more of a chance to lose when THE U was in the Big East They Owned the Big East after Mcnabb and Harrison had they run with the Cuse know what your talking about 1st cause if Miami was still in the Big East Uconn would still be a free win for them and Rutgers lol yeah ok I'm from Jersey and we dont claim them one good year does not make for a powerhouse so keep on with ya "parity" whatever helps ya sleep lol.

P.S. For the record from and In Jersey but Miami and WVU supporter since the days of Major Harris so I know and still love my Big East just not as interesting when you bring in those Conference USA teams like Cincinatti when you take away a MIAMI Hurricanes.
No, you are right. You know football better than the Coaches, the BCS committee, the NCAA, the National College Football Awards Association, and everyone else. So, I heard this year they are getting rid of all that stuff and just consulting with you right? They are calling it the TCS.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:55 AM   #15
Banned

Waiting for your reply to me I dont agree that they shouldn't be a BCS conference but come on be honest the Big East now talent wise is really only on par with the WAC and conferences like that and maybe the Big Ten cause of the way they faulter in the bowl games and the fact it's only Ohio State and Penn State it's always two teams when Michigan was good no Penn State so at least the Big East has more teams in play for bowls but as an overall conference my Big East no longer scares other conferences like this year most folks think South Fla will be great(not me I know better) so imagine South Fla in a major bowl game against I'll give you the 2nd and 3rd best teams from the SEC and Big 12 this year you telling me South Fla takes one of those teams out? Also I realized this the reason Big East teams truly bubble is that every year in the Big East it seems to be only one or two dominate teams and they end up being undefeated and ranked rather highly till they play the 2nd best Big East team and then lose so they still get a nice bowl with only 1 or maybe 2 losses like WVU did three years ago and how Rutgers did two years ago now so this year it's South Fla's turn to beat up on a not so good WVU, an average at best Rutgers & Pitt so mark my words if South Fla is as good as everyone thinks they should be 10-0 and ranked highly when they lose their game to that Big East team late.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2009, 12:58 AM   #16
Banned

Yeah the coaches know more than me but in this case you dont so THANK YOU lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »