Home

My mind is made up!

This is a discussion on My mind is made up! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2009, 02:11 PM   #1
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16
My mind is made up!

Next year Im scheduling ALL weak opponents. No way should I play a top 10 and cream them without feeling challenged...but let o' say Duke, or Buffalo roll into town, rivalry or not...Those games come down to the wire a lot for me. Had the same problem in 09. Is this just happening to me? Am I unconsciously not playing as hard as I do when the big boys come to town or do sucky team just play like they want it more?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2009, 02:20 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: My mind is made up!

what lvl r u on? what sliders are you using? and what team do you have?
Old 08-06-2009, 02:29 PM   #3
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddaugherty
what lvl r u on? what sliders are you using? and what team do you have?
I am playing on Heisman. 1 offline dynasty and one OD. I have a B+ team builder team in my offline dynasty and ND in my OD. The sliders are stacked for the CPU in both dynasties. Sliders don't matter in this case imo. If a weak team can give me a run for my money a better program should be able to do the same or even win if I am using the same sliders...

Old 08-06-2009, 02:31 PM   #4
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

I typically blow out weak teams, have close games vs equal teams, and usually get beat by teams that are better.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 08-06-2009, 02:33 PM   #5
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
I typically blow out weak teams, have close games vs equal teams, and usually get beat by teams that are better.
That's how it should be...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2009, 02:58 PM   #6
Rookie

Arkavian's Arena

OVR: 4

I seem to easily beat tough teams and get challenged really hard by the smaller teams.

For example, season 4 in my offline dynasty, I scheduled Michigan, Marshall, and West Virginia for my out OOC games.

Michigan I handily beat by 4 scores on Heisman, West Virginia, I destroyed 42 to 3, but Marshall played me tight the entire game. They could literally throw and run at will on me, despite having a record up to that point in their schedule of 2-5, and being rated low C's all the way across. I beat them though 51 to 48 or something stupid like that.

Previous season FAU played me the same way, not a single win the time I played them, I'm ranked #1 and they come out playing like a Pro Bowl team.

The only teams that are big names that put up a tough game for me offline are Florida and Alabama, everyone else I tend to beat fairly easy.

I'm playing on Heisman level and I figure big schools like Bama, Florida, Michigan, tOSU, USC, etc.. should all be tough games, but they are not.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:07 PM   #7
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkavian
I seem to easily beat tough teams and get challenged really hard by the smaller teams.

For example, season 4 in my offline dynasty, I scheduled Michigan, Marshall, and West Virginia for my out OOC games.

Michigan I handily beat by 4 scores on Heisman, West Virginia, I destroyed 42 to 3, but Marshall played me tight the entire game. They could literally throw and run at will on me, despite having a record up to that point in their schedule of 2-5, and being rated low C's all the way across. I beat them though 51 to 48 or something stupid like that.

Previous season FAU played me the same way, not a single win the time I played them, I'm ranked #1 and they come out playing like a Pro Bowl team.

The only teams that are big names that put up a tough game for me offline are Florida and Alabama, everyone else I tend to beat fairly easy.

I'm playing on Heisman level and I figure big schools like Bama, Florida, Michigan, tOSU, USC, etc.. should all be tough games, but they are not.
I will add UGA to this list. But those are the only 3. UF only because they play aggressive on both sides of the ball and SELDOM get called for penalties. Which is real to me on their behalf

Old 08-06-2009, 05:03 PM   #8
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young J 334
Next year Im scheduling ALL weak opponents. No way should I play a top 10 and cream them without feeling challenged...but let o' say Duke, or Buffalo roll into town, rivalry or not...Those games come down to the wire a lot for me. Had the same problem in 09. Is this just happening to me? Am I unconsciously not playing as hard as I do when the big boys come to town or do sucky team just play like they want it more?
It happened to me last year non-stop. I'd roll good teams by 50 points, but then some little team like Mid Tennessee State would take me to the wire.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »