Home

Slowing down the game speed like Madden

This is a discussion on Slowing down the game speed like Madden within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Slowed down game play or not
Yes 31 44.93%
No 10 14.49%
That's fine if I have option to change the game speed 28 40.58%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-10-2009, 03:28 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 37
Re: Slowing down the game speed like Madden

Madden slower speed has really grown on me and I would like to see NCAA 11 slower. However, I think jsut like Madden, we need to have the option to make the gamer faster or slower but the default should be far slower than this year.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:23 PM   #18
Rookie

Beardown's Arena

OVR: 5

All I will say is thank god Madden has a option to change the speed.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:14 PM   #19
Hi.

bling1202's Arena

OVR: 8

I think Madden 10 has nailed game speed on the head.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:00 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
Pressure is different than sacks. 2 seconds is ample.
Only if you are running 3-step drops. Any 5-step or 7-step drop passing game is going to require 2-3 seconds. Generally 3 seconds is the alarm clock for the QB---it means they are about to be sacked.

It doesn't mean they can't get pressured before that but in the game the speed is jacked up so that most throws have to be made in under 2 seconds. Otherwise the routes are finished and then its a staring contest with your receivers.

So yeah I vote for slower game speed.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:48 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 2

Not being able to play a 60 min. game b/c of the accumulated play total being completely unrealistic should tell us something. The gameplay is far too fast IMO. In an interview on Xbox live today one of the development crew (for Madden 10) said that if Madden 10 ran at the speed of last years version(and the appoximate speed of NCAA this year) it was the equivalent of recievers and dbs being able to run 3.7 to 3.9 40s. He even commented on how unrealistic it was. I don't want to make anyone angry. I just wish we had a slider to adjust game speed to our own preferences. Please EA, a patch for this would make NCAA 10 almost perfect. I figure since Madden 10 has the option this year maybe NCAA 11 will have it next year as it seems this series gets the features of the previous years Madden title the following year. Lets' hope so!

Last edited by reeftan; 08-11-2009 at 01:51 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2009, 06:25 AM   #22
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

ncaa is a bit too fast, but its because it has the speed differential built in, most people dont know that....

so the fast players are really fast, but look closely the whole game is not FAST

the damn zig zag running is the real problem and even madden has it i wish they would fix this........

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 08-11-2009, 02:13 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvava
ncaa is a bit too fast, but its because it has the speed differential built in, most people dont know that....

so the fast players are really fast, but look closely the whole game is not FAST

the damn zig zag running is the real problem and even madden has it i wish they would fix this........
To your first point, for the most part you are correct. Hwever, the FB drive runs contrary to your logic. Have you ever seen FB's avg 6-8 yards per carry? It's ridiculous...

Secondly, the zig-zag running has to go! It looks silly and it's totally unrealistic.
Old 08-11-2009, 02:57 PM   #24
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
To your first point, for the most part you are correct. Hwever, the FB drive runs contrary to your logic. Have you ever seen FB's avg 6-8 yards per carry? It's ridiculous...

Secondly, the zig-zag running has to go! It looks silly and it's totally unrealistic.
I like it, It feels like Tecmo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »