Home

Blocking AI more realistic on varsity setting?

This is a discussion on Blocking AI more realistic on varsity setting? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2009, 05:07 PM   #1
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13
Blocking AI more realistic on varsity setting?

I put a question mark after the title because I am still testing, but it seems that the O line/D line interactions and the O line AI logic is much smoother and realistic on varsity. Seems to me that the higher difficulties allow for AI cheese by the opposing CPU and bone headed AI logic by the HUM in the blocking and shed block dept, off course not taking into account the QB play on Heisman.

I'm going to do more extensive testing to confirm this. BTW I'm using Tyrant8RDFL's varsity sliders and the game is just as much of a challenge as it was on All American. For those frustrated AA players who can actually tell when the AI is not doing as it should try Varsity with Tyrant8RDFL's sliders. The game is not as fast and it feels just right, but the difficulty is definitely there. I think I can actually enjoy some play now games until (hopefully) the patch fixes dynasty and fatigue.

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2009, 05:12 PM   #2
Pro

shaunlmason's Arena

Re: Blocking AI more realistic on varsity setting?

I have been testing Playmakers varsity sliders...and I love them.

Something I DON'T know though, how does a user vs user game fair in an online dynasty when using varsity sliders. Anyone have any experience?
Old 08-07-2009, 05:18 PM   #3
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunLMason
I have been testing Playmakers varsity sliders...and I love them.

Something I DON'T know though, how does a user vs user game fair in an online dynasty when using varsity sliders. Anyone have any experience?
I'm sorry I don't play online. I don't know if it's because of the cheesers or if it's because I ain't good enough. Prolly a combo of both lol. I can say that the varsity setting with challenging sliders is the way to go. The game feels much more like a sim and less "blitzy" and arcadish.
Old 08-07-2009, 05:38 PM   #4
Banned

mvandor's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm playing on varsity, and no blocking AI is still horrid.
Old 08-07-2009, 05:53 PM   #5
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31

The blocking AI sucks on all difficulty levels. I posted pics of this before the game came out and everyone said that I shouldn't criticize the game until I play it.

Well, I've played it for almost a month and the blocking is garbage. I have linemen turn and run away from defenders all the time. The FB has the IQ of a 2 year old. Pulling linemen allow DTs to tackle the QB before he hands the ball off to the HB.

Now will someone please respond to this post and tell us that the second patch will fix this?

Anyone who has faith in EA's patches needs to be put in an insane asylum.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2009, 05:59 PM   #6
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

I agree blocking needs a whole lot of work, but on varsity with challenging sliders I can at least deal with it. You guys are right thought it's still bad, but as I said it's closer to what it should be without the extra cheese that the higher levels bring with them.
Old 08-07-2009, 06:39 PM   #7
Rookie

coachchris's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
I agree blocking needs a whole lot of work, but on varsity with challenging sliders I can at least deal with it. You guys are right thought it's still bad, but as I said it's closer to what it should be without the extra cheese that the higher levels bring with them.

I agree with this 100%. My biggest gripe year in and year out is the O-line AI, OL/DL interaction. This year is no different but I can handle it on Varsity because the CPU doesn't cheese all the time when my brain dead O-lineman decide not block somebody or block the wrong guy.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:15 PM   #8
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20

From my impressions of EA's patches with this series, they usually only fix about half of what is wrong with a particular problem.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »