Home

The shoe-string tackle has GOT to GO

This is a discussion on The shoe-string tackle has GOT to GO within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2013, 02:41 PM   #49
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: The shoe-string tackle has GOT to GO

Not saying what you just described never happened, but, I have played quite a few games on 40 threshold and have never seen a d-lineman straight-line run down a WR. I have seen defenders take angles to make a tackle, but not in a straight line foot race.

The shoestrings are a little too effective, but I like that they are in there. More realistic than having none. They just need to tune/patch how often a guy goes down

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:47 PM   #50
Banned

BDrizz's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
Not saying what you just described never happened, but, I have played quite a few games on 40 threshold and have never seen a d-lineman straight-line run down a WR. I have seen defenders take angles to make a tackle, but not in a straight line foot race.

The shoestrings are a little too effective, but I like that they are in there. More realistic than having none. They just need to tune/patch how often a guy goes down
The lineman did take an angle...it was not a straight line foot race but still....there isnt an angle in all of geometry where a lineman catches a WR from behind
Old 07-25-2013, 03:23 PM   #51
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib

The one thing that was screwing it up for me was I was still squeezing the right trigger, not realizing that holding it down literally burns away all your energy and slows you down. You can only use it for a quick burst then have to let it go when you hit top speed. EA did not explain this very well and I think a number of people are seeing their players get run done by slower ones because they are gassed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2013, 03:34 PM   #52
Banned

BDrizz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retropyro
The one thing that was screwing it up for me was I was still squeezing the right trigger, not realizing that holding it down literally burns away all your energy and slows you down. You can only use it for a quick burst then have to let it go when you hit top speed. EA did not explain this very well and I think a number of people are seeing their players get run done by slower ones because they are gassed.
If you hit the trigger, then release it, the player doesnt slow down?
Old 07-25-2013, 04:03 PM   #53
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDrizz
If you hit the trigger, then release it, the player doesnt slow down?
Nope. The trigger is now a quick acceleration button. If you press it your player will accelerate quickly to top speed, then when you let go they will maintain that speed. If you hold the trigger down they will just burn through their energy incredibly fast and end up actually slowing down.
Old 07-25-2013, 04:20 PM   #54
Banned

BDrizz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retropyro
Nope. The trigger is now a quick acceleration button. If you press it your player will accelerate quickly to top speed, then when you let go they will maintain that speed. If you hold the trigger down they will just burn through their energy incredibly fast and end up actually slowing down.
did not know that. thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »