Home

AI blitzes too frequently

This is a discussion on AI blitzes too frequently within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2009, 02:44 PM   #17
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: AI blitzes too frequently

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
EA needs to seriously remove the double CB blitz play. Who does that in real life?
Yes please, the double CB blitz is the worst play in the game and every team uses it way too much. Same with Madden.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:40 PM   #18
Pro

northface28's Arena

OVR: 6

I agree, the CPU typically sends their line and all their linebackers. The only thing that changes is the coverage behind it (cover 1, cover 3 etc). The press coverage is ridiculous. It renders outside receivers useless because it takes at least 3-4 seconds for your receiver to release, by then I have thrown to my slot receiver, taken off running (rarely works because every cpu DE takes perfect angles), or driven face first into the turf. I am all for making Heisman level difficult, but it does not have to be phony.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:08 PM   #19
Rookie

3nDAmornin's Arena

OVR: 6

I guess the question is how are you guys playing. I have the same problem as the op. I run probably 60% of the time. Could this be why they send the house just as often if not more. I have my run pass ration at about 45% favoring the run. For the guys not having this problem, what type of offense are you running?
Old 08-12-2009, 12:36 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

Certain CPU teams turn into psycho raving lunatic blitzers. And not just a double OLB blitz, they are making special order blitzes. Used to the CPU would throw an Engage Eight blitz at you a couple of times a game. In this year's game I have seen some blitzes were the only have 2 guys back. I will have to a find a replay. I remember running 5 wides and they blitzed everyone except 1 CB jamming a receiver and what looked like a CVR 2 up top. Not the normal Engage Eight with 3 deep zone. Seriously psychotic playcalling.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:12 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 4

I agree the CPU is send anyone on any play. The CPU is creating their own zone blitz! I think this is great! Not only do you have to mix up the playcalling, I feel when I walk up to the line, I have the identify the MIKE and adjust the protection accordingly. There is so much going on I don't need CHEW CLOCK because I use my time to make all the needed adjustments to protect myself. THIS IS FOOTBALL PEOPLE! Defense are going to do whatever they can to confuse you and create pressure. If it too much perhaps you should move down a level. I love it. The more thinking I have to do at the QB position the better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 09:15 AM   #22
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

I am hoping they can improve the logic at least..i mean a team with a dominant front four shouldn't need to blitz all of its linebackers every drive.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:20 AM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starter
I agree the CPU is send anyone on any play. The CPU is creating their own zone blitz! I think this is great! Not only do you have to mix up the playcalling, I feel when I walk up to the line, I have the identify the MIKE and adjust the protection accordingly. There is so much going on I don't need CHEW CLOCK because I use my time to make all the needed adjustments to protect myself. THIS IS FOOTBALL PEOPLE! Defense are going to do whatever they can to confuse you and create pressure. If it too much perhaps you should move down a level. I love it. The more thinking I have to do at the QB position the better.
I wish I had your rose-colored glasses. It doesn't matter if you take 10 years to assess the field if the O-Line play is horrendous. But that's what my copy of the game brings me on all settings.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:29 AM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutsdabeast
I wish I had your rose-colored glasses. It doesn't matter if you take 10 years to assess the field if the O-Line play is horrendous. But that's what my copy of the game brings me on all settings.

AHHH.... This is a different issue. The OL block is terrible. Guards will leave DT free to pick up a blitzing FS. I completly agree that the OL pass blockis is terrible. But I dought we will get a fix in the patch, so we have only two options, Stop playing or learn to deal with it. This flaw is not enough to make me stop playing... At least not until Friday.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »