Home

Clock continues to run..

This is a discussion on Clock continues to run.. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2009, 08:37 PM   #1
MVP

sarlndr's Arena

OVR: 6
Clock continues to run..

Don't know if this was a topic before (yes i looked through the first 10 pages) or not. Is it just me or does the clock continue to run when a player gets shoved/runs out of bounds?

Nessler will say "And he gets knocked out of bounds on the 45 yard line". I think I'm doing a decent job a clock managment, just to look up and see that the clock hasn't stopped.

Was just wondering if this is happening to everyone else as well.

edit: Another question. I'll call a pass play and the recievers will run their routes with the appropriate letter over their heads (A, B, X, Y) and when I start to roll out the symbols/letters disappear. Maybe a glitch or something, idk. Just curious.

GO BUCKS!

Last edited by sarlndr; 08-09-2009 at 08:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2009, 09:00 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Clock continues to run..

I think the NCAA rule is that if you don't run out of bounds on your own, it was never your intent to run out of bounds and so the clock will keep running if someone pushed you out of bounds.

The receiver icons taking a while to appear on play action is by design. Receiver icons disappearing on regular pass plays means that you are either a) too far back from the LOS b) taking too long in the pocket to get the pass off

hope this helps, and go bucks!
Old 08-09-2009, 09:52 PM   #3
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

No.
The NCAA has a new rule that unless its inside 2 minutes in the 2nd or 4th quarters, that the clock will continue to run. So if it's the 3rd quarter, and you go/get pushed OB, then the clock will still run. Only at the end of the first half/game will the clock stop upon going OB.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:57 PM   #4
Rookie

Ungee34's Arena

OVR: 5

Another issue with the clock is after a touchdown during my extra point, I had a holding call against me. So upon relining up to kick the extra point the clock starts to run again. WTF?????
Old 08-09-2009, 09:58 PM   #5
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ungee34
Another issue with the clock is after a touchdown during my extra point, I had a holding call against me. So upon relining up to kick the extra point the clock starts to run again. WTF?????
hm now that is odd...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2009, 10:03 PM   #6
Rookie

Ungee34's Arena

OVR: 5

YES! And it happened to me in back to back games.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:50 AM   #7
Rookie

vexerr's Arena

OVR: 7

If a players forward progress is impeded and then he is shoved backwards out of bounds, then it will not stop. Technically he is down when his forward progress stops. This is very fickle in NCAA, cause its very hard to tell. In real life, basically the clock will stop unless it is obvious you were pushed backwards.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:04 AM   #8
Banned

rancor's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarlndr
Don't know if this was a topic before (yes i looked through the first 10 pages) or not. Is it just me or does the clock continue to run when a player gets shoved/runs out of bounds?

Nessler will say "And he gets knocked out of bounds on the 45 yard line". I think I'm doing a decent job a clock managment, just to look up and see that the clock hasn't stopped.

Was just wondering if this is happening to everyone else as well.

edit: Another question. I'll call a pass play and the recievers will run their routes with the appropriate letter over their heads (A, B, X, Y) and when I start to roll out the symbols/letters disappear. Maybe a glitch or something, idk. Just curious.

GO BUCKS!
Thanks for bringing this up, I have been meaning to as well. There IS a problem with the clock running when going out of bounds. While the other posters are correct concerning the new NCAA rules, there is still a glitch that prevents the clock from stopping on some OB plays.

I am almost certain this glitch is also tied to the out of bounds touchdown glitch posted a few weeks ago. In that glitch, the player would run out of bounds and cross an imaginary extension of the goal line and be rewarded the TD.

Both of these problems (out of bounds TD and no clock stop) suggests that for some reasons the sideline is not recognized by the AI in some plays. Another possible link to this problem comes in player lock mode. When locked onto a player I am allowed to roam freely WAY out of bounds. Possibly these player lock parameters are linked to non-player locked scenarios? Just a thought.

and GO BUCKS! as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »