Home

Has anyone had an AI dual threat QB tear them up?

This is a discussion on Has anyone had an AI dual threat QB tear them up? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2009, 05:43 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Has anyone had an AI dual threat QB tear them up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
It goes beyond just the option though, why doesn't the AI scramble?

Do we need to house rule out scrambling and option plays because the AI is incapable?
Maybe the CPU is scared people will think they are "cheese" if they scramble.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:45 PM   #18
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedrumsdw
Yeah no kidding they never ever scramble
I know that some of you are going to disagree with me on this but I am starting to think that 09's AI plays better than this years game in many areas. Now that I have played around 50 games or so the negatives are starting to come out.

The zones on defense do not work right, see hashmark thread

The AI flat out does not scramble

The AI has games where they totally forget how to run with RBs

The AI QB option play is completely ineffective

Here is something else that I hate, I have my interceptions set on 0 yet my middle linebacker who has the worst hands on my defense (save d-lineman) has 6 ints on the year.

Last edited by stevedrumsdw; 08-12-2009 at 05:50 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:05 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedrumsdw
I know that some of you are going to disagree with me on this but I am starting to think that 09's AI plays better than this years game in many areas. Now that I have played around 50 games or so the negatives are starting to come out.

The zones on defense do not work right, see hashmark thread

The AI flat out does not scramble

The AI has games where they totally forget how to run with RBs

The AI QB option play is completely ineffective

Here is something else that I hate, I have my interceptions set on 0 yet my middle linebacker who has the worst hands on my defense (save d-lineman) has 6 ints on the year.

09 played better IMO except for the following game breaking issues:

1. Speed killed. Nothing else mattered but speed.
2. The Cement shoe shuffle. If you played a team that ran the QB choice play over and over again with a slow QB, it was just like this year with the AI QB running for negative yards every play. However, fast QB's could run the plays.
3. No deep ball.

However, if you had 2 relatively evenly matched teams in terms of speed and the AI had a playbook where it didn't run the QB every play, I think 09 may have played better.

The QB in 09 would scramble and take advantage of its quick QB's.

Bottom line, both games will wear on you. Pick your poison.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:33 PM   #20
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
09 played better IMO except for the following game breaking issues:

1. Speed killed. Nothing else mattered but speed.
2. The Cement shoe shuffle. If you played a team that ran the QB choice play over and over again with a slow QB, it was just like this year with the AI QB running for negative yards every play. However, fast QB's could run the plays.
3. No deep ball.

However, if you had 2 relatively evenly matched teams in terms of speed and the AI had a playbook where it didn't run the QB every play, I think 09 may have played better.

The QB in 09 would scramble and take advantage of its quick QB's.

Bottom line, both games will wear on you. Pick your poison.
Good summary; You know I don't think we will get a game anytime soon that mimicks and has as many features as 06. I think that EA has dugg themselves a big hole here and now they can't back out. They need to fix the errors in this game before adding new features but they can't, because of marketing crap, the game code is a mess. I would have been shocked if you told me 4 years ago that this would be the state of this game currently. The game will continue to be in this state of mediocrity as long as things remain the same. I don't know what it is but good gosh something has to change.

The bands on the field add almost nothing but a bunch of dots, who is not skipping this boring pre-game as of now ? I can see it now we get Madden's some of Madden's new presentation and fromation subs next year but the super bugs will be plentiful.

Last edited by stevedrumsdw; 08-12-2009 at 06:37 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:32 PM   #21
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Definitely one of the two biggest things that needs to be fixed. I also can't find a decent balance of sliders between enabling the run game out of the shotgun (specifically the read option) to function decently without making running the ball out of any other formation way too easy. There seems to be too great a disparity between the QB's lack of awareness vs. and the defensive players hyper awareness and ability to get off blocks and suction tackle.

The game is certainly fun, but dual threat QB's playing in these modern spread option offenses and the running game in general out of the shotgun needs to be a top priority for next year.

Last edited by bad_philanthropy; 08-12-2009 at 09:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2009, 12:49 AM   #22
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

I remember on the old gen game they did but ever since I made the jump to the 360 in 08 it has not happened much at all. Just last night I played against Iowa State with Iowa and their QB had zero sense of rushing the ball. He's a dual threat talent in real life and I sacked him 5 times because he froze when I had the WR's covered.

Coverage sacks are unrealistic when they happen that often to a dual threat QB.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 08-13-2009, 12:51 AM   #23
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Tebow is killing me right now, but he is the only CPU controlled dual-threat that has been able to.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »