Home

Why do you like or dislike NCAA 10?

This is a discussion on Why do you like or dislike NCAA 10? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2009, 02:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Why do you like or dislike NCAA 10?

I know there's threads out there that question whether or not you enjoy this game and while my thread is similar in that sense, I want to dig deeper to find out why you like or dislike the game. I don't want people to just post that they do or don't like it, I want to know the reasons behind their like or dislike.

As someone who isn't a fan of the game I'll start us off. I dislike this game bacause it looks and plays nothing like the sport it represents. There isn't a shred of atmosphere or presentation in this game which makes the game stale very quickly. Odd actually considering college football is all about atmosphere and emotion. Secondly, the gameplay is terrible. The players have no weight which enables you to zig zag across the field as if you're skating. The oline dline play is horrid. Just hold turbo with the dend and the offensive tackle acts like he's never played ball before. He just stands there confused without even touching the end. I remember one time my friend created his own stunt where he took his end, ran inside while holding turbo, and blew by 4 of my lineman. Not one of them touched him. You can also run dime and shut down the run which is pretty bad. The dynasty is boring and the progression is terrible. We still haven't had equipments upgrades this generation, etc, etc, etc. There's other problems with the game, but with those listed its hard for me to imagine how anyone could enjoy this game.

Anyway, why do you like or dislike this game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 02:18 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Why do you like or dislike NCAA 10?

I dislike the Game because EA makes it and for the most part the people there are incompetent when it comes to making a NCAA college football game.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:29 PM   #3
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17

Dislike.

I can play Quarters defense all game and get like 10 sacks. All you have to do is have DE contain in Man. Run Mid everytime and the defensive ends get to the quarterback about 50% of the time. And this defense can stop the run, especially if they press the wideouts. Not realistic, how 3 D-linemen, 1 backer, and 7 D-backs can stop the run, everytime.

Some of the tackles aren't even close to being realistic. Shoestring tackles from 5 yards away. And when I'm passing there is no one around me but my quarterback just throws it straight to the defense sometimes. And other times, there's a DE chasing me down about 8 yards away. I try to set and throw but he catches me. Does it really takes me 2-3 seconds and actually throw.

Dynasty progression is a joke. How can someone progress +11 points in season by not even playing. Just sitting on the bench all season and next year he starts over the starter from the previous year. Makes no sense how they could screw this up so badly.

I thought maybe this would be the year that they could get it right, but I was wrong. This will be the first year ever that I will trade this game in.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:47 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Dislikes:

Its annoying that they still haven't implemented things we had on last gen. And then they broke last gen pursuit angles and Dynasty progression so its not even an option either.

1. Dynasty Progression is broken. See thread on that.
2. Online Dynasty. Had to restart my user vs. user games 5 times before we just simmed it. Yeah, that was a worthwhile 4 hours.
3. AI Dual threat QBs are brain dead.
4. CPU run game is brain dead and upping the run block slider wreaks havoc on special teams.
5. Too easy to out recruit the AI. SO you have to make house rules. BUT progression is broken so recruiting is irrelevant.
6. Stat engine is messed up.
7. Long passes seem to be as easy to complete possibly easier than short passes.
8. Speed is still the most important trait. Bar none.
9. Most teams feel like all the same.
10. Last but certainly not least. STALE presentation

Last edited by fistofrage; 08-12-2009 at 03:25 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:11 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'd like to add that the commentary is getting very dated. They've had the same commentary since I was in middle school.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 03:17 PM   #6
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Likes very much. Obviously the following list is simply my opinion and thus, not open for debate. (EDIT: Meaning that you're obviously more than free to state your own differing opinions, but the fact that I think online dynasty is awesome, for example, won't change).

1. Online dynasty is awesome.
  2. College football is my 2nd favorite sport (behind college basketball) so I love being able to play as my favorite/local teams.
  3. Teambuilder (while still in need of lots of improvements) is great.
  4. The gameplay is worlds's better than in '09.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

Last edited by jello1717; 08-12-2009 at 03:20 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:44 PM   #7
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boy Wonder
I'd like to add that the commentary is getting very dated. They've had the same commentary since I was in middle school.
Yeah, Corso and Herbstreit have said the same thing since NCAA 03. I can't believe they can't spruce it up a little bit each year.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:47 PM   #8
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriech23
Yeah, Corso and Herbstreit have said the same thing since NCAA 03. I can't believe they can't spruce it up a little bit each year.
They actually do spruce it up every year. They always add new stuff. They just don't remove the old stuff.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »