Home

EA Fouled up the shrine trophies too....

This is a discussion on EA Fouled up the shrine trophies too.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2009, 09:56 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
EA Fouled up the shrine trophies too....

Last year you were able to accumulate multiple Heisman and Thorpes, etc. And it would show the players names on them and the year and I believe stats as well.

This year you get the Heisman but it doesn't say who won it. And it appears that you only get one for your trophy case.

Probably not a huge deal to many, but when you are in a 12 team online dynasty looking at your post season awards 5 or 10 years down the line is pretty cool, er was pretty cool.

I really want to know why EA would take time breaking something that was fine before.

I would love to see what the project list looks like.

Harold:
Break shrine that worked in NCAA 2009
Work on Generic band formations

Rudy:
Foul up the rosters
Mess up dynasty progression(if time permits)

Oswald:
Work on new camera
Retexture Masxot suits

Judy:
Randomly pick out version of disk to go gold
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 10:06 PM   #2
stewaat

OVR:
Re: EA Fouled up the shrine trophies too....

That's pretty stupid, good thing I make my own site to remember my dynasty!

Old 08-12-2009, 10:18 PM   #3
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17

It seems like when something is working too good, they take it out for 2-3 years and then put it back in as a "new" feature. I just don't understand.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:10 PM   #4
Banned

mvandor's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Last year you were able to accumulate multiple Heisman and Thorpes, etc. And it would show the players names on them and the year and I believe stats as well.

This year you get the Heisman but it doesn't say who won it. And it appears that you only get one for your trophy case.

Probably not a huge deal to many, but when you are in a 12 team online dynasty looking at your post season awards 5 or 10 years down the line is pretty cool, er was pretty cool.

I really want to know why EA would take time breaking something that was fine before.

I would love to see what the project list looks like.

Harold:
Break shrine that worked in NCAA 2009
Work on Generic band formations

Rudy:
Foul up the rosters
Mess up dynasty progression(if time permits)

Oswald:
Work on new camera
Retexture Masxot suits

Judy:
Randomly pick out version of disk to go gold
First, you can get more than one of any player award and it shows in your trophies; year and school and player show too, although they aren't shown as engraved on the trophy. They could do much better and have done much better in the past though, I agree with that.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:28 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvandor
First, you can get more than one of any player award and it shows in your trophies; year and school and player show too, although they aren't shown as engraved on the trophy. They could do much better and have done much better in the past though, I agree with that.
Well thats good to know. I see it now, but it wasn't there when I first won the trophies. Now it didn't save my Orange bowl trophy despite the fact I immediately saved my user profile in the online dynasty.

Either way, it was better last year so why did they spend resources changing it?

Last edited by fistofrage; 08-12-2009 at 11:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 11:40 PM   #6
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20

Add this to the list of botched features, this is getting simply mind boggling. I am aware that passion breeds discontent and some times convaluted opinions, but for the people who have loved this game for years and years I think it is a valid belief that this game is in the toliet, there is know other expression I can think of to reflect how poorly this game was made.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:28 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 13

Somewhat related to this -- I've begun this year saving my dynasty as a new file (called, for instance, FINAL2009) at the end of each season. That way, I can look back in future years to records, awards, recruiting results, etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »