Home

Insane Game

This is a discussion on Insane Game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2009, 01:57 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Insane Game

WARNING: This is a long read.

I played my friend last night in MAC Conference championship game in the third season of our OD. Going into the game he's Akron sitting at 11-1(8-0), ranked 13th in the nation and I'm Eastern Michigan sitting at 8-4(6-2), unranked so he's the favorite to win. He usually beats me 7 out of 10 times so I knew I had to be perfect to win.

The game kicks off and I drive down to score taking a 7-0 lead. His first possession he throws an interception, my drive stalls and I kick the field goal, 10-0. His next possession he drives but my defense makes a big goal line stand and forces him to kick a field goal, 10-3 my lead. We're in the 2nd quarter now and I drive and score a touchdown right at the end of the half to push my lead to 17-3. I was feeling good at that point, my defense was playing well and I was scoring some points, so I figure I've got in the bag but boy as I wrong. In the second half he stormed back and tied the game at 17, I was unable to score the entire second half.

Overtime starts, I win the toss and choose to play defense first. He scores a touchdown and I quickly match him. Second OT I score a touchdown on 4th and goal and he matches also. Third overtime he gets the ball first and quickly moves inside the five. 1st and goal he runs up the middle for two yards, 2nd goal same play for no gain, 3rd and goal his leaping running back is met by my linebacker at the goal line, no touch down called. 4th and goal he goes 5 wide. He drops back to pass sees an open man but my safety miraculously tips the ball away. I've take the ball and I'm ultra conservative, I got to the 12 running Iso out of I-Form Twin TE. I line up to kick on 2nd down, he calls his timeout to ice me, I then decide to run another Iso to un-ice my kicker, he was pissed. 3rd down I line up to kick and I knock it through easily to give me the triple OT win in the MAC Championship game.

It scored as my #1 greatest game and I had a blast playing it, it would have been heartbreaking if I had lost but thats how things go. Sorry for the long read.

Anyone else have any great game stories?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2009, 02:14 PM   #2
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Insane Game

Sounds like a great game!
What slider set do you use when you play vs the cpu.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:33 PM   #3
Pro

sccavs64's Arena

OVR: 5

great game! what was the greatest game score? my highest was in 08 and it was like 3000. National Championship game I was up 45-38 with 30 seconds left, CPU has the ball. They get a couple first downs and on 3rd down, the QB throws a 45 yard TD as time expires. Im up 45-44. I block the extra point and win.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:55 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
Sounds like a great game!
What slider set do you use when you play vs the cpu.
This game was against my friend, but when we play the CPU we use the OS Legends Sliders that are posted in the sliders section, they work really well for us.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:20 PM   #5
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

OVR: 14

My best game was agains CPU last year.

Big 12 champ my first year at Texas Tech after a long time at Ole Miss. Playing Colorado, basically thought I was cooked at the end of the first half. Neither team scored in the 3rd quarter. Then my 2 amazing HBs and a successful onside kick carried the team back from down 3 TDs. The game ended on a very long FG miss wide right by Colorado to send me to my first BCS championship game against... OLE MISS!!!

This got me the pontiac 4th quarter comeback achievement.

We got rocked by my former team but the season was totally worth it just for that game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2009, 04:23 PM   #6
Rookie

BuckeyesFan21's Arena

Yeah. I play on Heisman with some pretty good sliders and had a triple over-time game against Penn St. as Ohio St. that I ended up winning. It was great.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:50 PM   #7
Pro

osubucksfan47's Arena

OVR: 10

I had one game where I beat Florida State with USF in overtime. I struck first, they got one big run, scoop & score on the kickoff, anything and everything happened that game. It got over 2000 for classic score where I only have one other game at over 1000.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »