Home

Ive Done A 180 On the Gameplanning Feature

This is a discussion on Ive Done A 180 On the Gameplanning Feature within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2009, 11:58 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: Ive Done A 180 On the Gameplanning Feature

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvava
yall got madden-itis, just leave these boards, spare us your negative waste of time topics
I swear, if there is any negative talk about your precious NCAA, you always feel the need to troll. You don't even offer up any info regarding the OP's topic.

EDIT: Looks like goblue beat me to it.

As for the OP.. I really was interested in the GP feature when I played the demo and truly thought it could have a positive effect on the game... Really though, I find it to be ineffective and pretty simplistic. If I have it set to the wrap up and sure tackle conservetive settings, I swear the opponent (CPU or Human) will break at least one tackle every other play.

Same with the OL and their blocking.. Its like what ever you set it at it does the opposite or just results in a penalty if you change the settings. Almost a no win for me with GP.

Last edited by sportzbro; 08-14-2009 at 12:02 AM.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:43 AM   #10
Banned

WisconsinSports414's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
I swear, if there is any negative talk about your precious NCAA, you always feel the need to troll. You don't even offer up any info regarding the OP's topic.

EDIT: Looks like goblue beat me to it.

As for the OP.. I really was interested in the GP feature when I played the demo and truly thought it could have a positive effect on the game... Really though, I find it to be ineffective and pretty simplistic. If I have it set to the wrap up and sure tackle conservetive settings, I swear the opponent (CPU or Human) will break at least one tackle every other play.

Same with the OL and their blocking.. Its like what ever you set it at it does the opposite or just results in a penalty if you change the settings. Almost a no win for me with GP.
I've noticed that as well. It's the same with game planning to focus on the catch - still get a lot of dropped passes. Most of the options for game planning are a hindrance, more than help.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:59 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
I was supportive of this at first, but now I'm not so sure.

For me, I'm someone who wants ratings, playcalling and user control to impact what is going on the field...and the more I am seeing of the gameplan settings, the more I'm becoming convinced that they override the ratings of the players that I have.

I'll go conservative on tackling and big hits, and one of the teams that I use in one of my OD's, that isnt too strong defensivelyt, are now running around making clinical wrap up tackles.

It also weakens my user control..If I manually try to go for a big hit, or ball strip..my attempt is much weaker then when I have the setting on normal or aggressive.

The one that I do not like the most is jump snap.

It really doesnt matter what quality of D-Linemen, that you have across the board..if you set this to aggresive..its full blast, ears pinned back, charge up field, every down.

It doesnt matter if you vary your snap count at all..they are rocketing off of the LOS,in unison, every play, at full blast. They are hardly ever caught off blaance, or have their aggression toned down by hard counts. Absurd.
I never use the features personally.....

I'm like you, I prefer the ratings to matter the most and the game plan features screws stuff up. I stopped using it after about 2-3 games. Now i play straight up and let my players ratings decide their own on field actions.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 03:10 AM   #12
Pro

rhombic21's Arena

OVR: 9

Gameplan and the new gimmicky run commit feature are the two things that really hold this game back for me.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:23 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 34

I just started going back to leaving everything on neutral and I like it 100% better.

I feel like I'm in control of my player's movements again. Im no longer having my DE do thiese involuntary chop step, and shimmies..and my attempts to swat and make plays on the ball, are more responsive.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:23 AM   #14
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhombic21
Gameplan and the new gimmicky run commit feature are the two things that really hold this game back for me.
Gimmicky is the perfect word for this feature. It makes sense in theory but is poor in execution. There is NO risk in setting your dline to aggressive. It's worst than JTS because it makes all of your DL'man JTS at the same time. Combined with the Run/Pass committ and it creates super defenses.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:44 AM   #15
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

The game plays much better if you don't touch that feature. It's totally different if you do and not in a good way.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »