Home

Ive Done A 180 On the Gameplanning Feature

This is a discussion on Ive Done A 180 On the Gameplanning Feature within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2009, 02:08 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 34
Ive Done A 180 On the Gameplanning Feature

I was supportive of this at first, but now I'm not so sure.

For me, I'm someone who wants ratings, playcalling and user control to impact what is going on the field...and the more I am seeing of the gameplan settings, the more I'm becoming convinced that they override the ratings of the players that I have.

I'll go conservative on tackling and big hits, and one of the teams that I use in one of my OD's, that isnt too strong defensivelyt, are now running around making clinical wrap up tackles.

It also weakens my user control..If I manually try to go for a big hit, or ball strip..my attempt is much weaker then when I have the setting on normal or aggressive.

The one that I do not like the most is jump snap.

It really doesnt matter what quality of D-Linemen, that you have across the board..if you set this to aggresive..its full blast, ears pinned back, charge up field, every down.

It doesnt matter if you vary your snap count at all..they are rocketing off of the LOS,in unison, every play, at full blast. They are hardly ever caught off blaance, or have their aggression toned down by hard counts. Absurd.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2009, 03:26 PM   #2
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Ive Done A 180 On the Gameplanning Feature

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
I was supportive of this at first, but now I'm not so sure.

For me, I'm someone who wants ratings, playcalling and user control to impact what is going on the field...and the more I am seeing of the gameplan settings, the more I'm becoming convinced that they override the ratings of the players that I have.

I'll go conservative on tackling and big hits, and one of the teams that I use in one of my OD's, that isnt too strong defensivelyt, are now running around making clinical wrap up tackles.

It also weakens my user control..If I manually try to go for a big hit, or ball strip..my attempt is much weaker then when I have the setting on normal or aggressive.

The one that I do not like the most is jump snap.

It really doesnt matter what quality of D-Linemen, that you have across the board..if you set this to aggresive..its full blast, ears pinned back, charge up field, every down.

It doesnt matter if you vary your snap count at all..they are rocketing off of the LOS,in unison, every play, at full blast. They are hardly ever caught off blaance, or have their aggression toned down by hard counts. Absurd.
I also noticed (when I had the game)..is that when you set the secondary to aggressive you get these superhuman bumps at the line of scrimmage...kileed it for me...
Old 08-13-2009, 03:27 PM   #3
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

aggressive jump snap is pure bull. It's a snap jump every play no matter what, and you get them to jump early, what, twice a game?
Old 08-13-2009, 03:45 PM   #4
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

It seemed a nice feature at first but after one week I realized it was just another gimmick made to benefit casual gamers and one that is being exploited by online cheesers.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:15 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

i do like the hold blocking and impact blocking though. Its the only time that I really feel like I actually get blocking. Has been most effective especially in the running game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2009, 04:17 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 8

I said this feature was crap months ago. Just knowing how EA implements stuff I knew this would be garbage. It is very arcadish.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:25 PM   #7
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

yall got madden-itis, just leave these boards, spare us your negative waste of time topics

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 08-13-2009, 10:19 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 20

^^Our how about you spare us your post that contributes nothing to this topic, thanks. I just wish people like you would stop spamming in threads like this.

As for the topic at hand I have to agree with the op game planning is way overpowered and overdone. Can't say I didn't think I that would happen when I first heard about it. EA seems to have problem with things like this being more subtle.

Essentially game planning has overtaken good play calling and ratings, that is not right.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »