Home

IMO, NCAA 10 Kicks Madden 10's Booty

This is a discussion on IMO, NCAA 10 Kicks Madden 10's Booty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2009, 12:17 PM   #73
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: IMO, NCAA 10 Kicks Madden 10's Booty

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJH1
Now, if his point was that he doesn't like Madden 10 b/c it's too challenging for him, then fine, that's his preference. By definition, running should always seem easier in an NCAA game because the team matchups tend to be much more one-sided than the NFL. Which is why Reggie Bush ran had like 500 yards against Fresno State in 2005, but has just been an average-to-decent running back in the NFL.

They're different games. The speed and preparation of NFL defenses doesn't allow you to exploit them like you could a college defense. The reason the option works in college but not in the pros is because you have the same size field for both games, but much bigger and faster atheltes in the pros, moving sideline to sideline. Also, exposing your franchise QB to linebackers getting free shots at him on a regular basis is suicide.
That explains a lot to me, and is very helpful. Thanks for that.

Yes, the running is very challenging to me. I love doing the option in NCAA 10, because i like that exciting feeling of having to decide whether I wou;ld bets be served by keeping the ball or by lateraling it. That's just plain fun right there.

I'm getting more used to Madden, and I like it more than I did, but there are two main things that keep me from enjoying it nearly as much as I enjoy NCAA 10:

(1) Commentary. Yes, Corso and gang are still saying the same things they have for years, but it sounds so much more natural than Hammond and Collinsworth. The Maden commentary is so disjointed - it doesn't flow well, and sounds nothing like an actual broadcast. NCAA sounds much more like a real broadcast, even if there may be nothing new to hear.

(2) Lack of Auto Replays in Madden. NCAA 10 doesn't have very many either, but several more than Madden. Madden doesn't even show replays after TDs.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:23 PM   #74
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhombic21
I agree with this. I actually think NCAA's core gameplay is probably better right now. At least with pass commit, you can generate some decent pressure. On Madden, it is literally impossible to generate any pressure at all with your front 4.

The main advantages for Madden are that it doesn't have the stupid run commit or gameplan gimmicks, and that the player control/responsiveness is a lot more fluid than it is on NCAA.

Other than that though, they're basically the same game. If you are not happy with NCAA, I don't see how Madden would blow you away.
Those are 2 HUGE advantages IMO. Run commit/gameplan gimmicks make user vs user games havily slanted towards defense and NCAA players slide all over the place.

Both games have faults in Oline AI but the unnatural advantage your DLine gets w/ JTS & gameplanning is ridiculous. The CPU is more aggressive on O in NCAA but on D their aggressiveness hurts them. All out blitzes, double corner blitzes are far to easy to beat since they dont disguise them too well.

NCAA has the advantage in the Online Season mode since it's not stripped down like Madden's is.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:51 PM   #75
Rookie

kindella2's Arena

OVR: 9

while i dont fully agree with the OP i understand only cuz i havent played Madden in 2 years and right now NCAA is so fun for me. But im gonna put some major time into Madden to get back into the swing of things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 01:11 PM   #76
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckstopshere
If I have full control over game speed then frankly, I'd view that feature as a +1 over NCAA. The more control a player has over any aspect of the game is a plus in my book every time. IMO you can never have too much user preferences for every aspect of the game.

The more customization for personal preference, the better I say.
Exactly. Game speeds, cameras, extra sliders you name it. User preference is king and the NCAA team did not take that into consideration this year.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:02 PM   #77
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Exactly. Game speeds, cameras, extra sliders you name it. User preference is king and the NCAA team did not take that into consideration this year.
One area where EA/Tiburon fails is that they do NOT provide the user with adequate customization. For me I really want to have the ability to edit ALL players during dynasty. The progression issue is fixed if I can go in and drop these 99's down to say 70. Now some people don't want to do this... so don't but at least give the people who want to the power to do so.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:21 PM   #78
Rookie

Buckstopshere's Arena

OVR: 4
Icon14 Re: IMO, NCAA 10 Kicks Madden 10's Booty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
One area where EA/Tiburon fails is that they do NOT provide the user with adequate customization. For me I really want to have the ability to edit ALL players during dynasty. The progression issue is fixed if I can go in and drop these 99's down to say 70. Now some people don't want to do this... so don't but at least give the people who want to the power to do so.
It doesn't solve the problem per se but at least your idea would leave the back door open where the user could do something about it vs. being stuck with it.

Good call!
Old 08-17-2009, 03:10 PM   #79
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckstopshere
It doesn't solve the problem per se but at least your idea would leave the back door open where the user could do something about it vs. being stuck with it.

Good call!
Player editing is a staple of 2k gameplay and I don't get why EA/Tiburon is so scared of it???
Old 08-17-2009, 04:57 PM   #80
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19

Well, after a few more days of playing Madden 10, I've got to admit that I'm really changing my opinion on it. Some things take some growing time for me, and I guess this is one.

I did the Virtual Trainer mode and that helped my running. I also turned the commentary off in game, and that helps big time. But where is the PA announcer? He's hardly ever heard.

I love NCAA 10 so much, I think I will always like it better than Madden 10, but now I'm enjoying Madden very much.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »