Home

IMO, NCAA 10 Kicks Madden 10's Booty

This is a discussion on IMO, NCAA 10 Kicks Madden 10's Booty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2009, 05:42 PM   #105
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: IMO, NCAA 10 Kicks Madden 10's Booty

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedkills
Speaking of kicking Booty - with the latest roster update Vikings 3rd string QB John David Booty has been removed from the game to make room for Favre. Booty's lifelong dream of being in a videogame has now sadly come to an end.
Wow, that pretty much sucks. They actually removed him from the game? Is he actually still on the Vikings roster in real life?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 05:47 PM   #106
MVP

MrOctober430's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedkills
Speaking of kicking Booty - with the latest roster update Vikings 3rd string QB John David Booty has been removed from the game to make room for Favre. Booty's lifelong dream of being in a videogame has now sadly come to an end.
I lol'd

but yeah, they removed alot of players from teams and FA list. that just killed me.

Graham Harrell was a beast in Madden. Sadly, no longer in Madden.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:22 PM   #107
Rookie

elliottcarbone's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2krules
Replays make a difference to me because the more replays there are, the more like a TV broadcast it seems. Madden doesn't even show auto instant replays after TDs. How ridiculous is that for a game that has the motto "If you see it on Sunday..."

As far as cut scenes are concerned, it's not just stadium flyovers. There are cheerleader cut scenes, mascot cut scenes, cut scenes that show emotion and expression on the player's faces.

NCAA 10 also has better commentary. People complain that NCAA's commentating is the same as the previous year's. But I find it more enjoyable to listen to good leftover commentary that sounds real than crummy leftover commentary that doesn't even sound like it belongs in a game.

Another really good thing about the presentation is the custom soundtracks feature. I bought a CD of Texas A&M marching band music and have configured different songs to play for different on-field situations. That improves presentation 100 fold. And, it makes the atmosphere really feel like good old college football.

Ha, yeah right listen NCAA commentary is horrible and frankly beyond repetitive. Why can't EA put some serious time into the commentary? Are they just too lazy? We will never know but the EA team needs to get some new voice overs and record a lot more commentary. MLB The Show 09 is the perfect example what a great game with incredibly accurate and interesting commentary. It is the little things that make the game realistic and Madden2010 is no different. NCAA 10 can not even sniff Madden's excellence in presentation and stadium atmosphere. It also comes in 1080p as opposed to 720p so u tell me which is better graphically. I just bought Madden so I obviously can not comment on the gameplay but so far I am impressed and most importantly challenged on offense. Time and time again it becomes way too easy to score in NCAA, way too easy. For once I want to be challenged on offense instead of knowing plays are going to work before I even run them on offense...
NCAA BB: Miami Hurricanes
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NCAA Baseball: Miami Hurricanes

National Champions

1983, 1987, 1989, 1991, 2001

Old 08-20-2009, 10:06 AM   #108
Rookie

Buckstopshere's Arena

OVR: 4

I'll try to be more specific as time goes by and all but here's where I'm at:

I finally got Madden yesterday. I fired it up with the intention of getting to know it real quick and go off and do a few other things that I'd had planned.

I made a few menu adjustments and decided to hit the Madden Moments. I've always liked these and felt these were great ways to get to know the game and have something accomplish.

THREE HOURS LATER...I realized I really like this game as much as any I've played since 2006, college or pro.

I wouldn't say either game blows the other way this year but there's definitely some things going on in Madden on both gameplay and presentation fronts that are better than NCAA 2010 IMO at least.

The commentary is definitely better in NCAA but I actually didn't outright hate the commentary in Madden...hell, that commentary is a light years upgrade from that God awful ESPN radio guy gimmick they were doing before. The commentary in Madden is low key enough that I just mostly tune it out after a point anyways. It's really not that bad IMO, but yes, NCAA's commentary is considerably better.

One thing I noticed was how playable Madden 2010 is out of the box with default sliders on Pro difficulty. (For me.)

Now I fully intend to start tweaking things a little bit starting today including the need for getting more of an actual pass rush but I thought this thing played better out of the box at defaults than NCAA 2010 did just a little bit.

If I had to give these games scores right now I'd give NCAA 2010 a 7.75/10 and Madden 2010 a good strong 8/10.

I see myself keeping both games and playing them a lot more than I did last year's. Last year's game saw me lukewarmly play NCAA 09 until the season was over where I promptly sold it. Madden 09 was in and out of my house in 48 hours.

I think any fence sitter owes it to themselves to rent whichever game they're not sure about. There's only so much you're going to glean reading Internet forums.

I'm definitely on the "Put Ian in charge of both football games" bandwagon.

Last edited by Buckstopshere; 08-20-2009 at 10:12 AM.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:17 AM   #109
Banned

2krules's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckstopshere
hell, that commentary is a light years upgrade from that God awful ESPN radio guy gimmick they were doing before.
I'd honestly rather have Radio Guy than Hammond. At least he displayed emotion and sounded real.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:18 AM   #110
MVP

OVR: 17

NCAA is better to me right now because I was playing franchise against the CPU with slider adjustments. In Madden I'm playing my friends on the same console so no sliders and the game is unplayable. The run game does not exist. I like to run the ball. So Madden=fail.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:35 AM   #111
Banned

2krules's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliottcarbone
Ha, yeah right listen NCAA commentary is horrible and frankly beyond repetitive.
At least the guys show emotion. In Madden, Hammond displays no emotion at all. Madden is repetitive as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 12:14 PM   #112
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2krules
Wow, that pretty much sucks. They actually removed him from the game? Is he actually still on the Vikings roster in real life?
Yes. He switched to #9 the day Favre signed (he previously had #4).

And not only is he still on the Vikes' roster, but it's considered 50/50 here whether Tavaris or JD Booty is the odd-man out. Not because people necessarily think that Booty is better than Tarvaris, but because we're talking about a 3rd string QB, T-Jack has already run his course here, and T-Jack might be able to be dumped for some kind of draft pick, whereas you get nothing for dropping Booty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »