Home

Wishbone

This is a discussion on Wishbone within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2009, 01:29 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
Wishbone

So l've played over 400 online games in the last 3 years of ncaa. Just about ALL of which has been out of the straight up WVU playbook running the spread from shotgun 90% of the time. I've had success with it this year also but i finally decided i HAVE to switch things up. The main reason why is that running the football from the shutgun is MUCH MUCH less effective this year. Even if you have 5 in the box it just isn't consistent enough to keep people honest like in years past. I'm not even talking about the option, but even that isn't very effective again this year. It just sucks that you cant live by the spread this year and keep the defense honest with the run.

So that being said, i will never completely abandon the spread but and am having ALOT of fun with the WISHBONE! Now, i've seen this run before but most people have nothing else if you can shut it down... but b/c of my spread background i can always revert back to the gun and air it out. I'm loving this!

Anyone have any suggestions or play calling keys to the wishbone?

Last edited by cgrierwv75; 08-15-2009 at 01:33 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2009, 12:02 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Wishbone

What I like about the wishbone is that it can be an effective formation for running the football both outside and between the tackles. It has its fair share of option plays, but you also get the 'Double Iso,' 'Counter,' and 'HB Power,' plays that require defenses to both stay honest and put more men in the box.

The wishbone is one of my favorite formations.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:10 PM   #3
Banned

Re: Wishbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20Smash
What I like about the wishbone is that it can be an effective formation for running the football both outside and between the tackles. It has its fair share of option plays, but you also get the 'Double Iso,' 'Counter,' and 'HB Power,' plays that require defenses to both stay honest and put more men in the box.

The wishbone is one of my favorite formations.
Got any keys on running the triple option or power option? Usually i just go straight ahead with double iso's or hp power. I found that with the options sometimes the QB gets sacked before getting outside if people crash the middle.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »