Home

Remember how I said with a good patch NCAA could better than Madden?

This is a discussion on Remember how I said with a good patch NCAA could better than Madden? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2009, 04:23 PM   #9
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Remember how I said with a good patch NCAA could better than Madden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majoniak
Totally agree. If EA doesn't make NCAA 11 run like Madden 10, I will seriously have to question the development team's sanity. Presentation people !!! Catch the fever.
What's funny is that the momentum can swing back to NCAA next year if they simply use Maddens stuff. College football is more colorful, more enthusiastic and more exzciting atmosphere-wise than the NFL. If they put the coaches BACK into the game like the were on PS2 and currently on Madden. Add the cut scenes, etc, and smooth out the gameplay, IMO, it can take the momentum right back for me....mostly because I'm a huge CFB fan

One addition is I'd like to see them show a WR or RB and a brief stat before the snap(ala 2K5) instead of just showing the QB and some random stat about the team or something.

Heck, I'd even take Maddens commentary over NCAA at this point.
Old 08-15-2009, 04:35 PM   #10
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
Well, yeah, I bought the retail versionj of Madden yesterday, and ummmm, I was WRONG! The difference is downright amazing and borderline UNACCEPTABLE. The Madden animations are smooth, players run, fall, and get tackled SMOOTHLY. NCAA is way too herky jerky, and I've seen players go half-way down on a tackle then pop back up like a bottom-sanded punching bag. The blocking is better on Madden...WAY better. The atmosphere and crowd is way ahead of NCAA. This IMO is unacceptable for an NFL stadium to have better crowd interaction/presence than a college stadium. The overall feeling of the CPU pre-scripting plays doesn't seem to exist on Madden. I cant stand in the pocket on Madden for a realistic time and not have to worry about about a D-linemen blowing through a block, or running around one altogether and sacking me like in NCAA.

I really don't see how NCAA made it out the door in it's current state, I mean did nobody on the NCAA team get to play Madden and say, "hey, can you tell us how you did.......how you fixed....."

I paid $30 for Madden '10, and $60 for NCAA '10, personally I think these prices should have been flip-flopped.

Edit: oh and this is coming from a guy who has not liked a Madden since the first Madden('01) on the PS2. I bought '03, '04 and returned them, I bought '08 and hated it completely.
After I played the Madden demo and read what you wrote I thought someone had hit you on the head or sumfin lol. Anyway my cousin brought Madden over last night and I must say as a long, long time NCAA fan...I feel completely cheated, actually I feel robbed. Never in the PS2 days did I covet Madden presentation, gameplay, or features over NCAA. The Madden players actually do a better job of representing body weight shift during cuts and changes of direction. Why in the hell can't the same thing be done in NCAA? Makes no sense. NCAA fans get unrealistic running and jukes. Guys moving as if they are in the Matrix or something. Players move and cut on the wrong foot as if this can be done in real life without breaking an ankle! When I play NCAA it feels like I have no control of the player. The analog feel is null and void. The best way to describe the running is to remember back to the digital controller days of the PS1. It's almost that bad.

To co-sign you further I have ALWAYS preferred NCAA over Madden, at least from the PS1 on til now, but seeing the state of NCAA now? It's just sad man.

R.I.P. NCAA. Killed during net gen. It was fun while it lasted.
Old 08-15-2009, 04:38 PM   #11
Chaos Theory

19's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
What's funny is that the momentum can swing back to NCAA next year if they simply use Maddens stuff. College football is more colorful, more enthusiastic and more exzciting atmosphere-wise than the NFL. If they put the coaches BACK into the game like the were on PS2 and currently on Madden. Add the cut scenes, etc, and smooth out the gameplay, IMO, it can take the momentum right back for me....mostly because I'm a huge CFB fan

One addition is I'd like to see them show a WR or RB and a brief stat before the snap(ala 2K5) instead of just showing the QB and some random stat about the team or something.

Heck, I'd even take Maddens commentary over NCAA at this point.
Agree with the first and second paragraphs. But how can you take Hammond over anybody on the NCAA team, which I actually enjoy. I would rather listen to that god awful ESPN MNF commentary team than Hammond.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2009, 04:38 PM   #12
Pro

northface28's Arena

OVR: 6

Totally agree.
Old 08-15-2009, 04:40 PM   #13
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood21
Well its about time since madden has sucked ever since Madden 05 and NFL 2k5. This will probably be the first year that I play madden during the season and offseason.

It will be interesting to see how NCAA 11 turns out since NCAA 10 looks so far behind.NCAA might need a whole new team for next year. Especially in the ratings department. Lol
NCAA needs a new developer. I'm at the point where I'd rather go through growing pains with a new dev/publisher than deal with the buggy, bare bones crap that EA Tiburon is giving me. I mean hell it seems as if Tiburon is new to NCAA games anyway. Just look at the state of the series for proof.
Old 08-15-2009, 04:46 PM   #14
Chaos Theory

19's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
NCAA needs a new developer. I'm at the point where I'd rather go through growing pains with a new dev/publisher than deal with the buggy, bare bones crap that EA Tiburon is giving me. I mean hell it seems as if Tiburon is new to NCAA games anyway. Just look at the state of the series for proof.
I don't know if they need a new develpment team as much as they need the development team to evolve much like Madden's seems to have done with this year's effort. It just makes you wonder what happened after NCAA 06 (Best Ever).
Old 08-15-2009, 04:54 PM   #15
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majoniak
Agree with the first and second paragraphs. But how can you take Hammond over anybody on the NCAA team, which I actually enjoy. I would rather listen to that god awful ESPN MNF commentary team than Hammond.
Well, ok, I'd actually rather have Nessler by himself with more lines than Corso, Herby saying the same thing for 10 years.

And yes, Ian Cummings needs to be promoted to be over both games. With the job he and the team did with Madden, NCAA could be awesome. Whoever is doing this game should really be ashamed with the way it moves compared to Madden.

I dont expect the graphics to be better since you have tons more stadiums, jerseys, etc. But bad player movement is unacceptable.

Oh, and whoever rated my thread 1 *, speak up for yourself and tell us all why....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2009, 05:18 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 28

I actually think NCAA 10 plays pretty well. If you play NCAA 09 then pop it NCAA 10, there is a bigger difference than people think.

I think the animations are pretty smooth although the players running animations are still a tad rough. Overall, NCAA 10 is a good game but because the game didn't take the huge visual leap that Madden did doesn't make it worthless...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »