Home

Remember how I said with a good patch NCAA could better than Madden?

This is a discussion on Remember how I said with a good patch NCAA could better than Madden? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2009, 05:28 PM   #17
Chaos Theory

19's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Remember how I said with a good patch NCAA could better than Madden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eski33
I actually think NCAA 10 plays pretty well. If you play NCAA 09 then pop it NCAA 10, there is a bigger difference than people think.

I think the animations are pretty smooth although the players running animations are still a tad rough. Overall, NCAA 10 is a good game but because the game didn't take the huge visual leap that Madden did doesn't make it worthless...
I agree with that, NCAA 10 is a "prettier" game than NCAA 09, although the gameplay is very similar, what I think the original poster was getting at was the presentation. Now, for me, I'm a sucker for presention and that's why when I compare Madden 10 to NCAA, there is no comparison. I like seeing the numbers pop up throughout the game to give me an idea of stats.
Old 08-15-2009, 05:57 PM   #18
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

You know what else ticks me off as I'm playing NCAA. Madden got the "hit while passing" thing down pat. Instead in NCAA it seems like theres a 75% chance that if you get hit while throwing, it'll get picked off by a d-linemen who all of a sudden comes off his block and sprints too quickly to the ball. In the Madden the ball goes forward a bit and hits the ground like it should.

To me, I could care less about the graphics(although Madden is beautiful)....it's all about the animations. The CPU running backs on Madden know where they are going, spin smoothly, etc. Here it's herky jerky running that frustrates at best.

I hope to God that some how a patch with proper coding can smooth out NCAAs gameplay.
Old 08-15-2009, 05:59 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 5

I have not bought or played Madden since '05 came out. I am a huge fan of college football, plus I got tired of buying the same game, with the same problems, year after year. But from what I am hearing and reading about Madden '10, if the 2nd patch doesn't fix the major issues in NCAA, I will trade it in for Madden '10. Plus I will boycott NCAA, just like I did Madden, until they make a game worth buying.
Old 08-15-2009, 06:26 PM   #20
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31

I have always liked NCAA more than Madden. Recruiting makes the offseason in NCAA more enjoyable for me.

That being said, Madden 10 is tons better than NCAA 10. Simply put, NCAA 10 is a piece of crap. The OL AI is terrible. I stopped playing NCAA because I got sick of my fullback running straight at a defender and then turning and running away at the last minute. The blockers are mentally challenged in NCAA.

Before NCAA came out I posted pictures of blockers facing the wrong direction. The OS mods (read: OS gestapo) closed the forum because I was picking on poor EA. Now the game is out and everyone can see that the blocking is atrocious.
Old 08-15-2009, 06:54 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftball11
I have not bought or played Madden since '05 came out. I am a huge fan of college football, plus I got tired of buying the same game, with the same problems, year after year. But from what I am hearing and reading about Madden '10, if the 2nd patch doesn't fix the major issues in NCAA, I will trade it in for Madden '10. Plus I will boycott NCAA, just like I did Madden, until they make a game worth buying.
I'm with you. I haven't played Madden in forever. However if the patch doesn't address some of the issues than I will definitely trade it in. I am tired of constantly having to adjust sliders to try to get a fair and decent game. The cpu going from one animation to another allowing a 2 yard run to turn into a 7 yard is ridiculous. Someone also mentioned the terrible run blocking. I don't care if I have a 50 rated LT and LG. If they pull around and see a linebacker someone would get in his way. Not in this game, they fix their attention on the safety that is 7 yards back. So in order to fix that I have to up my run blocking slider but then they are tipping over everyone like empty soda cans.

Last edited by Sleazell; 08-15-2009 at 06:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2009, 07:08 PM   #22
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleazell
I'm with you. I haven't played Madden in forever. However if the patch doesn't address some of the issues than I will definitely trade it in. I am tired of constantly having to adjust sliders to try to get a fair and decent game. The cpu going from one animation to another allowing a 2 yard run to turn into a 7 yard is ridiculous. Someone also mentioned the terrible run blocking. I don't care if I have a 50 rated LT and LG. If they pull around and see a linebacker someone would get in his way. Not in this game, they fix their attention on the safety that is 7 yards back. So in order to fix that I have to up my run blocking slider but then they are tipping over everyone like empty soda cans.
unfortunately, I have my pass blocking set at 100. This way at least when a d-linemen run right around one clueless linemen on my team, theres a chance he get sucked into a block by another.

The problem I'm seeing is that NCAA tried to put in some Madden stuff that was specifically designed for the Madden engine. Therefore, it does not function like it should.
Old 08-15-2009, 11:37 PM   #23
Rookie

Darkeus's Arena

OVR: 5

I have to say that Madden plays a better game of football. I am also in the group of people that had not bought MAdden for a while. For me it was 06. I have ALWAYS bought NCAA. I find the college game superior. That said, Madden is so much better. I didn't trade NCAA in (Mostly because of draft classes) but I had a major dilemma deciding if I should.

Presentation, better on-field play, graphics (Not as important, I realize that NCAA takes more effort considering all of the teams, stadiums, etc..) I don't know what the problem is with the NCAA devs but they better get their asses in gear because Madden just kicked their buts all over the place.

The games play different, that is alright since the college game is different than the NFL. Problem is, NCAA is just not refined at all. Too bare bones, there is no excuse for missing things that were in last-gen..

The Scarlet and Grey, best team in the land!
Old 08-16-2009, 01:37 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkeus
I have to say that Madden plays a better game of football. I am also in the group of people that had not bought MAdden for a while. For me it was 06. I have ALWAYS bought NCAA. I find the college game superior. That said, Madden is so much better. I didn't trade NCAA in (Mostly because of draft classes) but I had a major dilemma deciding if I should.

Presentation, better on-field play, graphics (Not as important, I realize that NCAA takes more effort considering all of the teams, stadiums, etc..) I don't know what the problem is with the NCAA devs but they better get their asses in gear because Madden just kicked their buts all over the place.

The games play different, that is alright since the college game is different than the NFL. Problem is, NCAA is just not refined at all. Too bare bones, there is no excuse for missing things that were in last-gen..
Another excellent post. How many times does EA have to read the same post over and over before they figure out we hardcore gamers are looking for the NCAA 06 version with NCAA 10 graphics???

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »