Home

Passing Game Progressions

This is a discussion on Passing Game Progressions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2009, 08:33 PM   #17
MVP

bvb24's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Passing Game Progressions

65 south has the same attack as I do. If you see blitz look to short middle and RB to the flats. Read it quick. First read on a blitz is still zone or man to man though. Every pass play starts with that read.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:50 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottdetucson
My checks are

look for blitz,
check safeties/deep route,
check crossing,
then flat.

There is usually only time for 3 options, no matter how many routes are out, so it's more long, med, short, than left to right.
This. I let the cpu taek the drop, and I scan. rush, safeties, backers, and i mocve in pocket if need be
Old 08-19-2009, 11:51 AM   #19
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

I make a lot of my decisions pre-snap.
Like so:
Read defenisive backs, make adjustments(if needed) via hot routes and check LBs for blitzes and the DL width.
Then based on what I see in the defense, I usually pick a primary receiver who I can picture being open at certain points.
I also choose a secondary receiver if there's someway my primary receiver is held up, or just well covered. I can typically see where my guys will be able to get open before the play even starts.
It's not always correct, but I've found that with the right reads on the defense, I can at least have a more efficient passing game.(as I'm not so good at passing)
Old 08-19-2009, 06:30 PM   #20
Pro

chris11sg's Arena

OVR: 11

This is good stuff, I wish the CPU didn't always have some sort of Julius Peppers clone at DE that's instantly in my grill after the snap to make all these reads lol.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:09 PM   #21
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris11sg
This is good stuff, I wish the CPU didn't always have some sort of Julius Peppers clone at DE that's instantly in my grill after the snap to make all these reads lol.
lol i feel the same way
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 08:50 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

This is interesting to find out about people.

For me, it's:

First i read coverage (man/cover 2/3). I initially stare down one receiver...if coverage doesn't work for that i go to my second and third options. Basically I get a tonf practice reps with what i would call "money plays" and try to read coverages and blitzes right away to know if i'm going to my #1 receiver or checking down.

This has always worked for me but i understand people that watch the whole field from one side to the other. I think lots of generic plays and such are crap in ncaa and like to focus on good routes with most other ones not being real viable options.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:08 PM   #23
Pro

chris11sg's Arena

OVR: 11

I'm going to have to go into practice and try and learn how to read coverages. Last yr I had 2 or 3 $ plays against zone or man. I want to open up the playbook and learn to spread the ball around the field thru progressions, check downs, etc…
Old 08-19-2009, 09:47 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 37

I just took a break from Madden for a quick play now NCAA game. I actually forgot how hard it is to run a quality screen and throw an out pass in NCAA as compared to Madden. I still enjoy the NCAA 10 gameplay better than Madden but what awful, awful presentation and atmosphere

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »