Home

The absolute worst thing you ever done playing this game

This is a discussion on The absolute worst thing you ever done playing this game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2009, 11:41 AM   #1
Rookie

elliottcarbone's Arena

OVR: 7
The absolute worst thing you ever done playing this game

After witnessing what I mistakenly did last night I decided to make a post regarding some of the worst/no so good moments in NCAA. Last night I saved a brand new dynasty file over an existing (3 year) dynasty. (I know what a dumb a$$) Everything completely lost and now I am forced to start over. During that three year Dynasty I had witnessed late fourth quarter comebacks, several 300 yard rushing games,an ACC title and 1 Heisman trophy winner. Not to mention all the games I lost where it actually felt good to lose. You know the feeling you get when the game plays so realistic that you almost want to put yourself in a position to be down by 3 or 7 with 4 mins left. So with that said how many of you have had blown National Championship games and perfect seasons ruined by a fumble or late pick. Please share your experiences with the bad seasons, losses and stupid mistakes like the one I made..
NCAA BB: Miami Hurricanes
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NCAA Baseball: Miami Hurricanes

National Champions

1983, 1987, 1989, 1991, 2001

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 11:46 AM   #2
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: The absolute worst thing you ever done playing this game

yeah, i'd be pissed.
this reminds me to go ahead and make a backup of my current.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:54 AM   #3
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Online Dynasty, year 3, NC against someone else in the OD. Tied in the 4th quarter, I run to the outside and fumble. They scoop and score. I'm stuck trying to come back, and I ended up losing by about 21 or so.

But hey, saving over a dynasty in their 3rd year is better than my friend saving over his 12th year legacy in college hoops 2k8 where he turned Drexel into the best team in college year after year.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:04 PM   #4
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

I was up three against K-State driving late in the game. I threw a pass on 4th and 1 instead of kicking the FG. It was intercepted and taken to the house. I felt like a jackass
Old 08-17-2009, 12:20 PM   #5
BOOM!

gerg1234's Arena

OVR: 15

NCAA 2004, my roommate and I are playing a Dynasty. He's San Jose State and I'm Middle Tennessee State. After about 4 or 5 seasons in we finally meet up in the NC game. Tight game the whole way. I'm down by 2 with the ball....probably a minute or so left starting the drive on the 10 yard line. I drive all the way down to the his 10 yard line. Take my QB on an option and try to slide in the middle of the field to set up the winning FG but the QB dives and fumbles. He recovers....ball game over.

That sucked.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 01:25 PM   #6
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

OVR: 14

^^^

I hate the auto fumble on head first dives!!

That also sounds a lot like the Browns v Broncos in AFC champ game. Cant remember what year, one year removed from being beaten be "The Drive".
Old 08-17-2009, 03:43 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

have not gotten into dynasty mode yet...but i was playing online last night. And I had missed a FG early in the game that would have tied the game...I was down 14-0 then 17-7 and cut it to 14-17 with just 8 ticks left. Hit a beautiful over the middle pass to jarmon fortson and used my final timeout. 8 Ticks i thought for sure i could get a jump ball to him and if it was batted down i could kick the FG for the tie...I throw it up and try and get it..overthrown by a hair and boom..User INT...game over. UHGGGG lol

NBA Live...I got this!
Ncaa 2010 you don't want it!
Madden ...lets get it!
Old 08-17-2009, 03:51 PM   #8
Rookie

kindella2's Arena

OVR: 9

getting housed by the Tim Tebow show. 1st year in my FSU dynasty went to the swamp and got slapped around 56-14. nothing i did worked and everything Tebow did was magic like. I almost cried.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »