Home

The worst thing about this game, and a solution

This is a discussion on The worst thing about this game, and a solution within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2009, 09:08 PM   #17
Rookie

HokiesCavs's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: The worst thing about this game, and a solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
Yes I am aware of that. You are interpretting my comments far too LITERALLY. What I mean is that I want to see the basics of what made 06 so great back in for 2011.
Ah, my mistake. Being a programmer myself, I have a tendency to assume that people don't know what they are talking about when it comes to video games. I agree, then, that for NCAA 11 they should focus on the same things that made 06 great.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:11 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokiesCavs
Ah, my mistake. Being a programmer myself, I have a tendency to assume that people don't know what they are talking about when it comes to video games. I agree, then, that for NCAA 11 they should focus on the same things that made 06 great.
Yeah my cousin (game designer in training) gave me a crash course on gaming a few years back. It sure would be nice if all features could be ported, but like you say, it doesn't work that way.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:33 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
I had formation subs, I had the screen shaking and the crowd going crazy, my players had skill and ability composure bublles and I could see the other teams as well AND there were great stat overlays (number of tackles, qb passing ratio to each side of the field, etc.). Man I love this game... it's too bad the graphics are so weak. P.S. the running backs don't turn on a dime... wow!

yeah i loved those stat overlays. NCAA is the only game i buy every year (TW every other year) and i miss those stats.. i actually forgot about the passing ratios to each side and deep/ near.

i think youve got something there as far as combining those basic features with the better graphics.... just need better gameplay now. and can we get some better commentary? im tired of *******... err Corso talking my HB's rushing yards... 100 of them!
Old 08-19-2009, 06:36 AM   #20
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out
Fire the entire dev team for NCAA, and bring in a small team to take the Madden code as its being built, and make it college.
That'll never happen. Madden is EA's #1 franchise -- if Madden and NCAA overlap too much, no one will buy Madden once they've been playing NCAA for a month.

That's why EA deliberately kneecaps NCAA. They want it to be good -- but not too good, because it's just the warmup game.

So NCAA fans will always be left with the table scraps. NCAA 11 will play like Madden 10, NCAA 12 will play like Madden 11, and on and on and on ...
Old 08-19-2009, 08:53 AM   #21
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41

It use to be the better game!!! 04-06 was an amazing period for the series. I still play and enjoy them but, man just give us the little things we love and miss.

I have won like 20 Super Bowls in Madden so I am kinda a big deal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 10:55 AM   #22
Rookie

Buckstopshere's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlstudios189
It use to be the better game!!! 04-06 was an amazing period for the series. I still play and enjoy them but, man just give us the little things we love and miss.
Oh yeah. My disinterst in Madden didn't start with 07 although that really pretty much killed it off for me outright until 2010 this year.

06 was the year when NCAA was insanely better than Madden IMO at least. 04-06 was the Golden Age for NCAA Football IMO.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:11 PM   #23
Rookie

bpd115's Arena

OVR: 3

'06 was awesome, no doubt.

But the problem was the Deep ball. With PSU, send then FR Derrick Williams on a fly route. Touchdown Penn State...

All. Game. Long.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:26 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaphant83
yeah i loved those stat overlays. NCAA is the only game i buy every year (TW every other year) and i miss those stats.. i actually forgot about the passing ratios to each side and deep/ near.

i think youve got something there as far as combining those basic features with the better graphics.... just need better gameplay now. and can we get some better commentary? im tired of *******... err Corso talking my HB's rushing yards... 100 of them!
Yup the stat overlays on the ps2 were the best stat overlays I have ever seen. They are so weak and random on next gen versions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »