Home

NCAA 09 > NCAA 10

This is a discussion on NCAA 09 > NCAA 10 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: NCAA 09 or NCAA 10? Which do you like more?
NCAA 10 132 84.08%
NCAA 09 25 15.92%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-18-2009, 09:21 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NCAA 09 > NCAA 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhombic21
You guys are crazy if you liked 09 better, for offline or online. There was no defense at all in 09.

Wrong. When I couldn't find anyone good to play online I would just mess with people and win without getting any offensive stats at all. I did that over 20 times. Why do you think everyone uses the DE this year, because that's the only player you can somewhat do anything with.

I agree that gameply vs CPU is better in 10, but then again, you get into year three of a dynasty and everythings all jacked up anyway.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:39 PM   #34
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

ncaa10 is by far the worst gaming experience i have ever had with any game. as bad as all the previous next gen games have been, i have always felt like i was control (somewhat) of the situation. this year is completely random, between super human defense, dropped passes and turnovers, etc.

i can guarentee that everytime i drive to the redzone, i will see a holding/clipping penalty, fumble, or take a big sack. passblocking ai is terrible. insane presses really limits your passing ability vs the pass rush. i can nickle and dime my way down the field, but seriously that is not fun. even with hotrouting TE, HB, and FB to block and outnumbering the passrush, you still see absurd amounts of pressure, gg blocking ai.

seriously, how the hell did this game get out of the testing phase. does this programming team know anything about football or whats realistic or not? how many years have we seen robo qb, broken hookzones, and psychic defense/offense?
Old 08-18-2009, 10:34 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 20

NCAA 09 was a terrible game, NCAA 10 while not very good or great in my opinion is at least decent. In other words it was not very hard to top that piece of junk 09.

^^^I take the pass blocking this year over last years where every linemen played like a hall of famer and d-linemen were thrown/chopped down like ragdolls on almost every play. At least this year the pass rush is existent this year even if it due to some poor blocking on some plays. But I guess people like getting all day to throw the ball like it was last year.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

Last edited by mgoblue678; 08-18-2009 at 10:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 12:35 AM   #36
Pro

NDIrish98's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeamg0dly
ncaa10 is by far the worst gaming experience i have ever had with any game. as bad as all the previous next gen games have been, i have always felt like i was control (somewhat) of the situation. this year is completely random, between super human defense, dropped passes and turnovers, etc.

i can guarentee that everytime i drive to the redzone, i will see a holding/clipping penalty, fumble, or take a big sack. passblocking ai is terrible. insane presses really limits your passing ability vs the pass rush. i can nickle and dime my way down the field, but seriously that is not fun. even with hotrouting TE, HB, and FB to block and outnumbering the passrush, you still see absurd amounts of pressure, gg blocking ai.

seriously, how the hell did this game get out of the testing phase. does this programming team know anything about football or whats realistic or not? how many years have we seen robo qb, broken hookzones, and psychic defense/offense?

i'm having hella fun with it, sorry about that for you, all i did was turn the cpu pass rush down and turn user pass block up and it's been great ever since. i've had more fun playing this NCAA than i have in a very long time, if ever.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:53 AM   #37
Banned

IRISHFBFAN1's Arena

OVR: 8

Yea, I have been having a blast with it. To me its been the best college game experience playing, but thats just me. I wish everyone felt the same, but damn I can't help but love this game. I got Madden last week, now I don't eat, don't sleep, lol!
Old 08-19-2009, 05:51 AM   #38
Rookie

Crono139's Arena

OVR: 2

'09 is better.

The new camera is garbage. Throwing off my depth perception is a no-no.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:31 AM   #39
Fum police

ndeezlo's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I AM serious. And at one point, NCAA 09 had more votes.
After the first vote obviously...

Kid Rock, "I'm the catalyst for everything."

Tumblred
Old 08-19-2009, 08:27 AM   #40
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndeezlo
After the first vote obviously...
You got me!

Obviously there are a handful of issues with NCAA 10 that I find personally annoying. Others may have no issue with them.

1) The new camera is problem #1 for me. For those that like the new camera this obviously carries little weight and would give NCAA 10 more love. But for those that hate it, it really hurts the fun factor.

2) Pass speeds are way too fast. This makes trying to play pass defense impossible for me and led to a lot of frustration by the end of my rental with it. For those that play only as a defensive lineman, this probably doesn't bother you at all.

3) NCAA 10 is much better out of the box than 09. If you don't like to play with sliders and/or like to play online I'm sure this is a big plus for 10. But I only play offline and I tweaked the sliders like crazy in 09. Yes the sliders work a LOT better in 10 but I was able to come up with something that ended up working pretty well in 09 on Heisman. AA is a much better difficulty level in 10 - I have no problem saying that as AA in 09 ended up being pretty crappy. The cpu QBs aren't nearly as stupid in 10 either although the hit the QB - DT INT issue is a problem in 10.

4) I disagree with those that say defense didn't exist in 09. With slider tweaks and my skill set, I have no problem getting good defense from both me and the cpu. Maybe I suck but I just don't agree with those that say defense was non-existent in 09 (at least a heavily adjusted 09). For some of the truly great players, it may be true. But for me, this is not an issue.

5) Pursuit angles. These were bad in 09 but some people act as though you saw something stupid every play. I'd see a bad example once or twice a game. Again, my sliders and my skill level. A far bigger problem in 09 was the greased pig animation where a defender would fall down when trying to make the tackle. That did suck but I still saw a form of that in 10 - just that the defender would whiff badly without falling down.

I do really like the fact that the cpu goes deep in 10, over the shoulder catches are sweet, the cpu running game and sliders are MUCH better this year, and the break out of the tackle thing is neat as well. But for me, the flaws I do see really hurt my enjoyment of this game to where 09 is more enjoyable. Give me my old camera back and slow down those crazy fast passes and I'd probably make the switch. Until then I won't do it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »