Home

Madden Vs Ncaa:Blocking

This is a discussion on Madden Vs Ncaa:Blocking within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2009, 03:58 PM   #1
Pro

WolverinesFinest's Arena

OVR: 14
Madden Vs Ncaa:Blocking

I normally don't like or make these types of threads but the desparity of the two are literraly insane. Before I start let me say that madden 10's blocking isn't insane but it is the best blocking I have seen in a video game. I played a game of ncaa 10 before I got madden and thought the blocking was decent not great but acceptable, I was wrong though. The blocking for madden is outstanding and adds a dimension that ncaa simply can't...Shotgun Running!! On madden the shotgun run game is just as good as regualr run game but ncaa's shotgun running is just pitiful.

Basically, I'm trying to ask how can another ea team that proabably works right down the hallway(madden) from you(Ncaa) be getting things done correctly while you aren't? I know they collaborate but obviously somethings aren't being done the same way...the things that should be!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 04:13 PM   #2
Rookie

ClemsonTiger81's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden Vs Ncaa:Blocking

and you know they take coffee breaks together too!
Old 08-17-2009, 04:32 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 13

maddens blocking is pretty horrendous...they are just as terrible as ncaa in pass and run blocking
Old 08-17-2009, 04:39 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard
maddens blocking is pretty horrendous...they are just as terrible as ncaa in pass and run blocking
I dont know about about madden but one thing he said is correct... the shotgun run game in ncaa 10 is terrible. I made a living running the spread last year and my strategy was to get the OLB's to respect my slots and cover them up (using the curl flats and slants play). When they have to cover them it left only 5 in the box and i could run all day with 5 in the box last year. But in ncaa 10 when i get 5 in the box i can't run anymore. Even if the user isnt playing the run it's just not consistent enough to work well enough to stick with that strategy. I had to change my game this year b/c of it.

If there is 5 in the box you should be able to run it, period. But this year you just can't do that from shotgun. I wish they could fix that so i can go back to my spread 100% of the time.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:44 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

The problem here (that has been for awhile now) is that the cpu does not adjust to your offensive set. you can come out in a 4 wide and they'll still play 4-3 or 46... that is where the problem lies.. same thing in goal line, if I come up in 5 wide they still come in goal line formation ..
That being said, I think the blocking is not wow but it is good enough... ive been able to run dives, stretches, sweeps, counters... every play .. even on counter the pulling guard actually takes the guy he has to take out correctly

and also its very hard to get looong looong gains if you dont have 95 speed back which is awesome (before i would have like 15 to 20 runs over 20 yards and now im getting 5 or 6 which is pretty realistic if you dont have a speed back
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 09:16 PM   #6
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard
I agree, the pass blocking in Madden is freaking terrible. I've seen some linemen turn their back on defenders.

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions
Old 08-17-2009, 09:37 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints21
The problem here (that has been for awhile now) is that the cpu does not adjust to your offensive set. you can come out in a 4 wide and they'll still play 4-3 or 46... that is where the problem lies.. same thing in goal line, if I come up in 5 wide they still come in goal line formation ..
I agree. The other half of this is that when they come out in these defenses, you can't counteract them either. First thing is that if you pick a run their defense is one that is made to stop the run. No matter what. I have chosen a 5 wide formation on the goalline to run the QB draw and the defense will be a goalline D. But, if I choose a pass out of the same formation they come out to defend a pass. The rest is that if you pick a pass or audible to a pass, the defense reacts to a pass from the snap. There is no "play recognition" time. And if you are running the whole defense reacts to a run play from the snap. There should be more reactions to plays. LB's should read run first then pass. Secondary players should be looking for the pass first, then the run. Defensive linemen aren't supposed to run upfield until they see that it is a pass. That's when bootlegs and draw plays open up. Right now DE's chase the QB first if it is PA and the HB if it isn't. They can't just know that stuff before it happens, but on the game they do.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:19 AM   #8
Pro

WolverinesFinest's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsufan4423
I agree, the pass blocking in Madden is freaking terrible. I've seen some linemen turn their back on defenders.
I haven't noticed this yet. Ive played 3 games of madden and everything seems fine. Pocket and all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »