Home

Adaptive AI?

This is a discussion on Adaptive AI? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2009, 08:34 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 20
Adaptive AI?

I can't say I have really noticed this working like it was hyped up to before release. For example I can come out 4 or 5 wide receiver sets to start the game and throw the ball and the CPU will still be coming out with 2 or 3 linebackers instead of putting more db's on the field. I can't say I have really noticed the CPU offense adjust to my play calls that well on defense either. They seem to run the same kinds of plays regardless of my defensive play calls.

Maybe it's there and I am just missing it. Or it works in a different way than I think it does. Right now though I can't say it was as good as it was hyped up to be.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 08:43 PM   #2
Pro

Special27K's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Adaptive AI?

3-4 D-lineman
2-3 Linebackers

= 5-6 Defensivebacks (Assuming they line up 4-2, 3-3, etc. in the box. Which is good playcalling against 4-5 wide sets)

Now to me this Adaptive AI isn't very good, I hardly get those "set-up" plays to work. I'm assuming the two are tied together, Set-Up plays and Adaptive AI. although it doesn't seem very effective. I do get some good PA's every now and then. Never had a draw work for more than 3-4 yards. It seems like its working sparingly.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:49 PM   #3
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

I know the AI hot routes on defense a lot.

one way you can tell if you throw an Int and try to guess what play they ran(the QB quiz thing), but at times, none really fit as the play art that is shown is the designed play they picked, but it doesn't show what they hot routed to.

on CPU offense, I can't really say I've noticed anything with adaptive AI though.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 08-17-2009, 08:49 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 20

I have to disagree that anymore than one linebacker against 5 wide is good, that is just asking to be ripped to shreds by the passing game.

Also I have seen alot 3 linebacker sets against 4 wide which is once again asking to get picked apart.

I starting to get a physic kind of vibe from the CPU as well. Seeing way too many 3 linebackers on the field when I pick a run from 4 or 5 wide even if I am passing from those formations often. This is has been something I have noticed in past NCAA's as well. It seems instead of matching up with correct personal the CPU is programmed to know your play.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

Last edited by mgoblue678; 08-17-2009 at 08:58 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:56 PM   #5
Rookie

BuckeyesFan21's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special27K
3-4 D-lineman
2-3 Linebackers

= 5-6 Defensivebacks (Assuming they line up 4-2, 3-3, etc. in the box. Which is good playcalling against 4-5 wide sets)

Now to me this Adaptive AI isn't very good, I hardly get those "set-up" plays to work. I'm assuming the two are tied together, Set-Up plays and Adaptive AI. although it doesn't seem very effective. I do get some good PA's every now and then. Never had a draw work for more than 3-4 yards. It seems like its working sparingly.
Set-up plays never work for me either. Anytime it's a run play that is set-up, I'll be lucky to get more then 2-3 yards.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 09:10 PM   #6
Rookie

Ungee34's Arena

OVR: 5

I agree the "set-up" plays just don't seem to work much for me either. Or....if they do, it's very very subtle. It seems for me the best thing is to go to the sliders section and try to tweak them to adjust for a realistic running game. Even then though the blocking is so atrocious in this game that doesn't even work sometimes.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:54 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 37

The only adaptive A.I. is that you can't run the same play five times over. Other than that there is ZERO adaptive A.I.!!!
Old 08-17-2009, 10:43 PM   #8
Banned

DOSMedia4SC's Arena

OVR: 10

I actually feel like I have seen this quite a bit, especially playing people online. A lot of guys still try to run hook routes all over the field and it will still work the first, on 2-4 times but after that I noticed that my players (CPU controlled) will pick these routes off and the other use will continue to try it a couple more times and bam more picks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »