Home

1 month after release. How have your impressions about NCAA 10 changed?

This is a discussion on 1 month after release. How have your impressions about NCAA 10 changed? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2009, 09:57 PM   #1
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13
1 month after release. How have your impressions about NCAA 10 changed?

Thoughts? Talk about the initial experience of playing the game for the first 3 or 4 days. Then talk about what your experiences were like 3 or 4 days ago. Also give your initial rating of the game along with what you rate the game now. Thanks.

I asked this two weeks ago. Just want to see how impressions have changed, if at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 12:24 AM   #2
Banned

DOSMedia4SC's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: 1 month after release. How have your impressions about NCAA 10 changed?

Hmm interesting topic. I would say when I first got it I LOVED IT! I was hooked on every game mode including RTG. I probably gave it a 9 at that point, but still believe college atmosphere is missing from this game!!! Really it is and it needs it badly.
I recently went threw a slump where I got really bored of this game and it got extremely stale. I could win with a D+ rated team over an A rated team on Heisman (not consistently of course), and that was boring to me. That made dynasty mode boring as well (I am really pulling for some sort of AD mode right now). RTG got boring and bland.
But the past I would say 3 days or so this game has once again gotten exciting for me. I have been playing around with sliders and have finally found sliders where I am getting realistic results and have been pumped on big wins. I actually feel like I deserve the wins from mainly play calling and my teams player ratings vs theres, of course with the stick skills.
I actually have dove back into RTG with this as well and I am having a blast! This game is fun again, although I really really hate that there is NO College Atmosphere to it. Its bland in that sense and Dynasty mode needs a major face lift with something like AD mode.
Im still having fun with it though and right now my rating of the game is 8/10, but still the most fun I have had with a football game.
Trust me if you find the right sliders for you, results will be realistic and so will stats. Its really fun once you find the right ones and continue to tweek them. Hell I recently missed an extra point because I had the wrong kicker in the game and I was just slightly off with my accuracy! I have never in the 9 years I have played this game, unintentionally missed an extra point!

Just so you dont have to read my crap if you dont want to, right now im at 8/10
Old 08-20-2009, 12:39 AM   #3
Rookie

TimLawNYC's Arena

OVR: 5

Maybe I just haven't found the right sliders yet, but I had a lot more fun with NCAA 09 (even with all of its problems). In this year's game, I feel, to an extent I've never felt before, like I really don't have much say in the outcome of a game. The computer pulls so much cheap crap (miracle broken tackles, shoestring tackles of much faster players, insane catches, offensive tackles that can outrun the whole defense when they pick up a fumble, etc.), and combined with the fact that it's almost impossible to establish an effective running game (especially from the shotgun), plus the constant injuries and the 80 holding and facemask penalties per game, really makes me feel more like a spectator than a participant. I feel like so much of the game is out of my hands; it's really frustrating. I force myself to play, but it really feels like more of a chore than a pleasure, and I can't say that playing is really something I look forward to anymore.

I really think 09 was a better game; I certainly had a lot more fun with it.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:46 AM   #4
Banned

DOSMedia4SC's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimLawNYC
Maybe I just haven't found the right sliders yet, but I had a lot more fun with NCAA 09 (even with all of its problems). In this year's game, I feel, to an extent I've never felt before, like I really don't have much say in the outcome of a game. The computer pulls so much cheap crap (miracle broken tackles, shoestring tackles of much faster players, insane catches, offensive tackles that can outrun the whole defense when they pick up a fumble, etc.), and combined with the fact that it's almost impossible to establish an effective running game (especially from the shotgun), plus the constant injuries and the 80 holding and facemask penalties per game, really makes me feel more like a spectator than a participant. I feel like so much of the game is out of my hands; it's really frustrating. I force myself to play, but it really feels like more of a chore than a pleasure, and I can't say that playing is really something I look forward to anymore.

I really think 09 was a better game; I certainly had a lot more fun with it.
Hmm interesting I have not found the penalty thing to be a problem at all for me.. same with the whole kick off thing everyone speaks of. Weird. Anyways, I just feel like player attributes actually matter for a change. I actually find running to be really easy most of the time (I mainly use USC, which might be a reason, but I also use Oregon State a lot). I have played with Oregon and their playbook, and it is hard to run out of the 'gun with them, but I think that might because they do have a new O Line; however, it is still impossible most of the time out of the spread, so ill agree with you on that.

Bummer that you havent enjoyed 10 man. You try madden yet?
Old 08-20-2009, 12:51 AM   #5
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31

At first I thought the offensive linemen AI was poor. Now I think it is diarrhea.

NCAA use to be my favorite game but I have not played any of the 360 versions for more than 2 months. I played NCAA 10 for 3 weeks then I returned it (I rent NCAA now; IMO it is not worth close to $60).

Last edited by boritter; 08-20-2009 at 12:54 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 02:06 AM   #6
Rookie

bricap's Arena

OVR: 2

My initial impression was disappointment. Same as 09 with some useless modes added on.
= 3 out of 10

After one month and playing Madden, my feelings toward NCAA have improved, though not by much. New animations trigger way too much (10+ one handed catches a game?), amount of injuries is a joke, penalties are terrible even on conservative, pass rush still non-existent even with modified sliders. But I realized EA has my money and there isn't much I can do at this point. Don't like Madden, so maybe I'll trade it for Batman or NHL.
= 4 out of 10
Old 08-20-2009, 03:55 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 9

I am finding it completely impossible to have fun with this game. I'm trying really, really hard; I just don't think it's possible.
Old 08-20-2009, 06:29 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 13

7/10, mainly because of the lack of atmosphere. Oh yeah, too many upsets. Another thing that might bump it down is the underrated teams, such as Houston, UTEP, and Michigan State having unrealistic seasons. 4-8 for MSU? No, not even close.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »