Home

The best way to name all the players on NCAA 2004

This is a discussion on The best way to name all the players on NCAA 2004 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2003, 03:09 PM   #1
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
The best way to name all the players on NCAA 2004

Get 10 people or how ever many for each conference. Each have a blank memory card. Each guy is assigned a conference to name and/or edit. Once he is done with his conference, save it and pass it to the next guy. He continues where the other guy left off, does his conference and saves. Passes it on to the next guy and he follows the same steps. This way you don't have to continue to override files. I think that way, the rosters would be done in 2 days at the most. Provided everyone has a Sharkport or can get access to the file. What do you guys think??? Is there a quicker way? I would be willing to be one of the guys to help!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2003, 03:40 PM   #2
Nik
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: The best way to name all the players on NCAA 2004

That would be a pretty sweet way of doing it. I know I go nuts after about 25 teams straight. Let me know if you need any help, I'd be more than happy to.
Old 05-22-2003, 05:09 PM   #3
Pro

FSU4LIFE's Arena

OVR: 7
Location: Pembroke Pines, FL by way of the City of Wind. Chi-Town!

I would be willing to do the ACC and I have Action Replay for the Xbox.
Old 05-22-2003, 08:31 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 6

All you have to do is set up an email chain. One guy makes a master list of the "roster input guys" with their e-mail addys. Once you finish your assigned rosters--you e-mail the sharkport file to the next guy. He does his bit and e-mails it to the next...and so on

So, you just have to wait until you get your e-mail with the file from the guy before you.

You could even set up 2-3 SETS of guys and have 2-3 roster files going at once. So, if one "group/set" of guys gets stuck --the other group is still plugging along.

There are 11 Confrences and 1 set of Ind.
teams
So, get 3 groups of 12 guys.

Each group is tasked with creating a complete 117 team roster file. See which group can get theirs done the fastest.
Old 05-23-2003, 09:07 AM   #5
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

Count me in. Last year it took me a week. I named rosters like 8 hours a day with my cousin calling out the names from a magazine and looking up the true freshmen on the net. It wears you down, but to me it's worth it. I am just looking for a better way to do it this year. So, count me in to help with the rosters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2003, 09:28 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 11

But how would you put all the rosters together? Unless there is a special tool to do it, wouldnt all the roster files only be able to be used with just the conference that was edited? Meaning that you could not load one conference from one gamesave onto another, unless, as I said, there is a way to do it.

EDIT: Oh, my bad, so one guy would just do the same conference over and over and over again?
Old 05-23-2003, 10:23 AM   #7
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

The guy next in line wouldn't do anything until the file was sent to him b/c if he did, all his work would be overriden on his memory card. All you have to do is just add on and keep sending to the next guy. By the time it got to the last guy and he did his part, he would then send it back down the line and everyone would have complete roster edits. 2 days tops!!!!! I would say by July 19th everyone would be in dynasty Mode. Let's do it!!!!!!!11
Old 05-23-2003, 03:38 PM   #8
Pro

DirtyDozen's Arena

OVR: 7

On a related note, does anyone know if Keyz is going to be around this year and doing his compilation of college rosters for 2004 similar to the one he did for 2003?

2003 here: http://www.sportplanet.com/ncaa/rosterpedia/

Or, does anyone know if Xbox users will be able to get rosters for NCAA Football 2004 from Lindner or football-gaming.com thanks to Action Replay?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »