Home

Mixin' It Up | An Aloysius Jenkins Road to Glory

This is a discussion on Mixin' It Up | An Aloysius Jenkins Road to Glory within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2009, 08:17 PM   #1
Rookie

Xixak's Arena

OVR: 2
Mixin' It Up | An Aloysius Jenkins Road to Glory

Hey, I'm pretty new here. I'm just bringing this over from ***.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2009, 08:19 PM   #2
Rookie

Xixak's Arena

Re: Mixin' It Up | An Aloysius Jenkins Road to Glory

HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL AWARDS

Arizona State Co-Player of the Year: 2007

McDonald's All Star Game MVP: 2007
McDonald's All Star Game Participant: 2006, 2007

HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL STATS

2005| 20PPG, 3RPG, 6APG
2006| 24PPG, 4.5RPG, 8APG
2007| 30PPG, 5RPG, 12APG

HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL AWARDS

HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL STATS

Game 1: 4 tackles, 1 interception, 1 INT-TD, 1 catch allowed
Game 2: 5 tackles, 1 interception, 1 knockdown, 3 catches allowed.
Old 08-23-2009, 08:19 PM   #3
Rookie

Xixak's Arena

It was my junior year, I was playing on the Senior Varsity team and we'd made it all the way to the Arizona High School Basketball State Championship. I'd been averaging 30 points, 5 rebounds, and 12 assists. None of that mattered though, as this game would be the defining moment of my pre-collegiate career. Our school, Mesa Heights High, had gone undefeated up to this point (22-0). We'd never been seriously challenged. I, like the rest of my team, expected that to change. Our opponent was Phoenix Sr. High School. They had also gone undefeated in the regular season, and their point guard was the second best junior prospect in the state (behind myself). There were going to be scouts everywhere, watching our every move. I had to put my complete arsenal of skills on display. This game was going to be a battle...

Let's fast-forward to late in the 4th quarter. With about a minute left, the score was tied 67-67, thanks to a smooth runner in the lane by the opposing point guard. He was only 5'10, but he was so talented at floating his shot so that it just made it an inch over the taller defender's fingertips. Our coach called a timeout, I knew what was coming.

It's alright boys, we can take back the lead right here."

Everyone nodded.

Here's the plan. We're going to isolate Aloysius, and let him go to work. That'll be an easy 2 points.

We did a quick cheer, then broke off the huddle. Our center passed me the ball off the inbounds pass at center-court. It was my time to shine. Everyone drew their men to the sidelines. I smiled, there was no help. It was just me and my defender, 1 on 1, some good ol' streetball. I drove full speed to the right starting from about 5 feet behind the 3 point arc. My defender stuck with me, and then I pulled a Wade-esque move. I quickly crossed the ball back over to my left hand. The defender tried to shift over, but lost his balance and flew to the floor. I rose up and knocked down an easy free-throw line J. We were up, 69-67. After the basket, I was waiting for a timeout, but Phoenix never called one. It caught our defense off guard, and their point guard streaked up the court and buried a pull-up trey. 69-70, Phoenix. We were down by 1 point with 15 seconds left and no timeouts. I hustled up the court and spun around the first defender, only to meet a wall of big men in the paint. I whirled out to about 15 feet away from the hoop on the baseline; my spot. There were 2 seconds left. I shot, 1...0. The ball hit the rim and started rolling around it. I screamed in anticipation.

Roll in! Roll in!

It didn't. It was almost like the ball grinned at me, gave me a thumbs down, and flew out of the net like it had somewhere important to get to. Anyway, it didn't matter how I missed. Phoenix had won the title, and it was my fault.
Old 08-23-2009, 08:20 PM   #4
Rookie

Xixak's Arena

Since that loss last year in the state 'chip, I'd never been the same. I hadn't shaken anyone's hand after the game, I'd just gone to the locker room and cried until my eyes were blood red. I had to go for grief counselling once a week for the remainder of my junior year. I was heartbroken and my spirit was shattered. Basketball and winning had meant everything to me and I'd messes up an opportunity to win on the grandest High School stage. It had taken me the whole summer to come to a reasonable conclusion... I was going to quit basketball and play another sport. I figured some of my on court skills would carry over to another game. After all, I'm a black 6'1, 187 pound shooting guard, who can jump and has above-average hands and footwork. I made a list of possible sports and positions to try that my natural skills would be best suited to:

Baseball: Pitcher/Outfielder
Soccer: Goalie/Striker
Hockey: Forward
Track & Field: Sprint (100M)/High Jump
Football: Wide Receiver/Cornerback

Out of those 5, I chose football. I did it pretty much by order of elimination. I'd never been to good with sticks, so that ruled out baseball and hockey. I'd never really liked soccer, and there was never enough scoring. Track was difficult to become a superstar in, because of its widespreadness and the amount of worldwide talent. So, that left football.

There was only 1 question now. I had to decide whether I was best suited as a receiver or a corner. I really couldn't make a decision on my own, so I decided that I would consult the coach when tryouts rolled around.
Old 08-23-2009, 08:21 PM   #5
Rookie

Xixak's Arena

That's it for now. I've got a lot more updates written up. Before I post them, I want to see if I can get any followers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2009, 08:47 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

ign
Old 08-23-2009, 09:17 PM   #7
MVP

TrapStar215's Arena

OVR: 42

*Official Dynasty/Road To Glory Thread*
"Okay, here's the story. I come from the gutter. I know that. I got no education... but that's okay. I know the street, and I'm making all the right connections. With the right woman, there's no stopping me. I could go right to the top."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »