Home

What fatigue issue?

This is a discussion on What fatigue issue? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2009, 09:47 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: What fatigue issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
I do play the game. But don't sit here and tell me to shut up when you opened a thread to ask the issue then deny it when every person who has posted here has said the same thing. And guess what? Watch a football game. The first or 2nd drive of the game, does the RB play every snap? No? That's because he starts to get a bit winded. That would be fatigue. So, just because you're playing 5 minute quarters doesn't mean people don't get tired. Plus, I haven't seen too much proof of progressive fatigue, so every time your player touches the field again, he's at 100%. Doesn't matter if you're at 15 minute quarters or 1. And guys on defense do get tired in a 4 minute drive. Why do you think teams like long offensive drives? They wear down the defense. But not in this game. Defenses never get tired. That's what we are trying to say. Defensive players should be tired. A corner defending against passing routes 5 or 6 straight plays? He's gonna be tired. If not, he isn't trying hard enough.
You win it's a game killer. Go play madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 09:48 AM   #42
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Yes. Everyone has tried it. It doesn't work. If you get the RBs to sub out correctly, sooner or later, your first string back disappears for the game.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 08-26-2009, 09:53 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
Yes. Everyone has tried it. It doesn't work. If you get the RBs to sub out correctly, sooner or later, your first string back disappears for the game.

But that why ive been saying.. on my last game the guy did not dissappear! I actually had a lot of carries for both rbs... but im not sure if it was a glitch or not im gonna keep playing to see what happens...
Old 08-26-2009, 09:56 AM   #44
Rookie

andy4theherd's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama83
There is a rotation factor, but there is no global fatigue. What separates teams like Florida, Bama, USC and the like is the second and third person deep on the depth chart.

The problem is that fatigue is a two factor attribute:
* game wear - the fatigue facing people during the long haul of the game. it impacts a player's entire attributes globally.
* fatigue - the play exhaustion that fatigues a player play to play. this rolls into game wear, but it's really just the current effectiveness outside of the "global game wear".

Great post! I think this is what the majority of people are missing when discussing the fatigue issue. Depth is a HUGE part of any football game. For several years Marshall had a starting 22 that could hang with just about anybody. The difference came when it was time to sub in and out due to fatigue. When Marshall subs they do not bring in another top 100 RB, WR, DT, ect. As mentioned in the quote, your top 10 programs in the country do! That's why on Saturday you will often see a big upset in the making (thru 3 quarters) only to fizzle out in the 4th. That my friends is depth! The sooner EA resolves this, the sooner I can stop seeing Boise State win a NC every other year in my dynasty...
Old 08-26-2009, 10:10 AM   #45
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

I've never had my HB "disappear". if they are for you, it's because you probably have the sub in slider too high. players will never regain 100% of their fatigue during the course of the game. they can only go back to 100% by resting for the week(the next game). I have mine set to 85, and I've never had my HB subbed out to never return, they sub out usually after 3 plays and come back in after 1 or 2 plays later. I've even had a back run the ball 50 times in one game.

as for defense, I've never seen one of my defensive players subbed out or even get tired at that.

the only positions that seem to "work" are HBs and WRs.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 10:22 AM   #46
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgrierwv75
You win it's a game killer. Go play madden.
And I've never used the words game killer either. I'm sitting here explaining to you what the issue with fatigue is, and you're just sitting here telling me to shut up. Next time you have a question, don't bother posting it here if you're going to respond with negativity to every person who tries to explain it to you.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 08-26-2009, 11:03 AM   #47
Rookie

cbc72's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints21
Ok I have a question for you slider gurus..

If you go to team management (i think) there is a label called sim strategy. When you go in there, you can change up offensive strategy, your playbook, etc etc

NOW, there is a substitution slider, and when you read the description it reads (controls how often you players are subbed in and out)

now, HAS ANYONE tried to play with this in conjuction with the autosub feature to see if we can "fix this!!!!
That could be a good catch. Please let us know what you find after a few games. Also, are the results in played games or simmed games, then? Is it for when you sim a whole game or use the super sim feature? The more details you can include about what you are doing, the better.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:36 PM   #48
Rookie

Bucknut17's Arena

i just played a game in my od, i had both of my safeties hit red, and both des went yellow my 1 olb was yellow on and off almost all game not sure why he sat in a zone or blitzed almost every play...maybe the patch included fatigue i know it didnt mention it but that was the first time i saw my defensive players get tired

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »