Home

Sim Recruiting - Could be the Key to Progression

This is a discussion on Sim Recruiting - Could be the Key to Progression within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2009, 12:34 PM   #9
Rookie

croc500's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Sim Recruiting - Could be the Key to Progression

I dont remember, but has anyone tried what the original poster was talking about? Just curious if he was on to something.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:02 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
Too small of a test.

I'd like to hear what you see in a more in-depth test.

Ranking is tied into prestige (however undefeateds get too much weight for non-BCS schools).

However, think about it like this:

You start up a dynasty as Utah State and you win 50 games in a row and never get a shot at the BCS Title game.

Wouldn't that take away from what dynasty is all about? It's not set up to make people fail.

All teams in dynasty have a crutch through high rated recruits and player progression. No more terrible programs out there. It's not broken, it's the direction they want to take the game to be "fun".
I completely disagree. I think its an unintended result of their 'lower overall recruits' philosophy which caused them to overcompensate by increasing progression. They said themselves in a blog that they were 'tuning' progression to make up for the lower recruits. It's not some conspiracy to make the game not play like 'real' football but be more 'fun'. It just isnt.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:03 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
Does anyone else remember them saying that they were increasing progression but dropping incoming recruits' ratings?
Yes, although no one else seems to remember judging by most of the posts I'm seeing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 03:15 PM   #12
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

So just because you sabotaged one team recruiting that fixes the problem? If players come in too high and progress to fast it will always be an issue.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:51 PM   #13
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhay53
Yes, although no one else seems to remember judging by most of the posts I'm seeing.
Good. If they had fixed recruits' ratings, progression is actually perfect. But recruits come in at last year's ratings, killing their idea.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 08-26-2009, 05:20 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
So just because you sabotaged one team recruiting that fixes the problem? If players come in too high and progress to fast it will always be an issue.
How did I sabotage this team. It is a CPU controlled team. All I did was turn off recruite assistance.

Yes, this is just one team....and I completely agree that freshman come in overated, but if this could somehow turn down the incoming freshman class...I would be happy. The more and more I look at this progression is just about right...the freshman/roster ratings are the issue.

I am gonna to run two dynastys, and take a look at the same 5 teams I have chosen just to see if the teams rating jump/decline. The teams will be CPU run.

Have ran one season and have not tried to adjust the cpu assistance.

Texas A+ - (12-2) (loss to Pen in NC) remained an A+
Pen St. A- (13 - 0) (NC) - now an A+
Aruburn B- (5 - 7) - now a B+
Arizona B (5 - 7) - now a B+
Wyoming D (2-10) now a C+
Air Force D- (4-8) now a C-

I have no problem with the top 4 teams, with maybe Pen St. loseing so many players and going up to an A+. But why would a Wyoming D team with only 2 wins go up to a C+
Old 08-26-2009, 05:27 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplepower
How did I sabotage this team. It is a CPU controlled team. All I did was turn off recruite assistance.

Yes, this is just one team....and I completely agree that freshman come in overated, but if this could somehow turn down the incoming freshman class...I would be happy. The more and more I look at this progression is just about right...the freshman/roster ratings are the issue.

I am gonna to run two dynastys, and take a look at the same 5 teams I have chosen just to see if the teams rating jump/decline. The teams will be CPU run.

Have ran one season and have not tried to adjust the cpu assistance.

Texas A+ - (12-2) (loss to Pen in NC) remained an A+
Pen St. A- (13 - 0) (NC) - now an A+
Aruburn B- (5 - 7) - now a B+
Arizona B (5 - 7) - now a B+
Wyoming D (2-10) now a C+
Air Force D- (4-8) now a C-

I have no problem with the top 4 teams, with maybe Pen St. loseing so many players and going up to an A+. But why would a Wyoming D team with only 2 wins go up to a C+
Its all based on overall player ratings. No teams ever regress, they just progress because progression is fouled up.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »