Home

Whats up with the Run Commit Gimmick?

This is a discussion on Whats up with the Run Commit Gimmick? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2009, 01:02 PM   #25
Pro

northface28's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Whats up with the Run Commit Gimmick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteFury
What's so funny about it? It's a serious issue that is destroying the online rushing game.

What's so funny about stuffing a power running game out of dime defense?
Nothing is funny at all, all this junk has ruined my online experience. Run commit works against pass AND run. There is no risk/reward just reward/reward. This is a cheesers dream and being that I have the integrity not to abuse this "feature" I see no use in online gaming.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2009, 10:36 PM   #26
MVP

timmg's Arena

OVR: 5

this happens in Madden also, the only difference is the lineman dont shoot off the line as quick, i just tried it earlier.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:02 PM   #27
MVP

deucepoppi17's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by northface28
Nothing is funny at all, all this junk has ruined my online experience. Run commit works against pass AND run. There is no risk/reward just reward/reward. This is a cheesers dream and being that I have the integrity not to abuse this "feature" I see no use in online gaming.
Really? Reward/reward? Try picking run commit on D to the left and watch them run a hb toss to the right....good luck catching them.
Old 08-29-2009, 01:19 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedrumsdw
The whole gameplanning feature thing has turned out to a complete mess. Who wants to call strip ball when you get a facemask call on every other play.

What a waste of time and resources. It could have been done alot better but how many times are we gonna hear that about this game?
At first I really liked it and said as much on this board. Now, I don't use it at all. It is far too effective and it feels like I am cheating when I use it. Hey I need an int... I've got it~ I will tell me DB's to go for a pick
Old 08-29-2009, 03:10 PM   #29
Can U spare a dollar?

GHUGHES's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucepoppi17
Really? Reward/reward? Try picking run commit on D to the left and watch them run a hb toss to the right....good luck catching them.
Thats the point its not called to the left or right all you have to do is call run commit middle and it's gold
Old 08-29-2009, 03:28 PM   #30
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

run/pass commit is a not a bad idea that has been poorly executed. It is TOO effective that it's cheap. I never use the commits simply because it's too much of a guarantee that the play will get busted up by my defense. While I like to make stops, I don't want it to come cheaply.
They need to tone down this feature's effectiveness, or just get rid of it because it's just too cheesy.
Old 08-29-2009, 04:59 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 2

I don't know if this is post-patch, or i didn't know it before, but run commit is extremely risky.

If you run a pass play and they run commit the flats, and the deep ball are wide open. Even in a cover 3 i got beat run commiting deep.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2009, 05:30 PM   #32
Rookie

jts20's Arena

OVR: 5

Hopefully they did fix it so you'll get burned deep. That would pretty much make this feature an actual risk/reward thing instead of the reward/reward mentioned earlier.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »