Home

Whats up with the Run Commit Gimmick?

This is a discussion on Whats up with the Run Commit Gimmick? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2009, 06:24 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Whats up with the Run Commit Gimmick?

I don't have the game and I would play dynasty mode vs cpu if I get the game. Does the cpu use this feature against a human player?
Old 08-29-2009, 10:04 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 37

Run commit and game planning really seem to have been given a boost post patch 2.
Old 08-30-2009, 01:59 AM   #35
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

i think the people defending the run commits are not looking at the big picture. someone who is smart and pays attention to your play calling can predict the run with fairly good accuracy. even if they predict to lets say the right, they will always follow it up by manually covering the left side just in case. at least thats what i was doing before i stopped playing online. now imagine if you ran a run oriented offense like the flexbone, its so easy to tell where the ball is going because of auto motion, and with run commits does not require you to even attempt to try to defend the option.

run commits really dumbs down defense and is not needed. what is needed are actual game like physics where if lets say terrence cody fires off into the A gap then it will require the guard and center to block him freeing up a linebacker to make the tackle, you know the way the 3-4 works IRL. thats why they put stupid garbage in this series, its because they have no idea how to replicate basic football principles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2009, 02:25 AM   #36
Rookie

jts20's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
Run commit and game planning really seem to have been given a boost post patch 2.
Boost as in improved it to make it less cheesy or it's even MORE effective now?
Old 08-30-2009, 02:33 AM   #37
Banned

JaBronie247's Arena

OVR: 26

I lost a game because of this... It was goaline 4th And 2 I did a toss to the right an he did a Run Commit to the Middle an there was 3 dudes in the backfield in like 2.4 split seconds! haha CHEEEEESE!!!
Old 08-30-2009, 07:04 AM   #38
MVP

OVR: 13

It may suck for online, but I like it for offline play against the CPU. Here's a glimpse of Georgia Tech taking advantage of my commit left with a pitch fake left and throwback right (I'd been crashing toward the motion side, with pretty good success):

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »