Home

What happened to the AI's QB scramble??

This is a discussion on What happened to the AI's QB scramble?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2009, 02:35 PM   #9
MVP

jorge380's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: What happened to the AI's QB scramble??

Yes playmakers give us the secret.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:44 PM   #10
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
Never is a strong word. I have had a few QBs take off on me, but it was only a few.

It is definitely an issue, but never is not an appropriate word.

Chill with the exaggeration: never, broken, game killer.

It would be wrong to state exaggeration in the other direction as well: perfect, blocking is fine, progression is fine

If something is a game killer for you, state is as such, quit exaggerating.
Sorry for my missuse of the word "never", the computer does take off and run with a scrambler QB about 2% of the time. I will be sure to chose my vocabulary words with more accuracy in the future.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:54 PM   #11
Rookie

kingtut313's Arena

OVR: 1

yea the QB never scrambles outside the pocket looking for receivers.. only time they leave the pocket is as a last resort run when nobody is open

dont matter if its the human statue ryan mallet or juice williams
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 05:00 PM   #12
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorge380
Yes playmakers give us the secret.
I think we would all like to know. I know i have raised QB running stats quite high in some cases and they haven't run much but maybe something else needs to be done.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:06 PM   #13
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20

Anyone,............. go try playing a team that runs with their QB out of shotgun alot, it is just laughable watching this horrific AI unfold before ones eyes.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:08 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
I think we would all like to know. I know i have raised QB running stats quite high in some cases and they haven't run much but maybe something else needs to be done.
The only way you can pull it off is by increasing their actual Awareness and i'm not talking about some ****ty low ratings in the 60's. That is EA's biggest problem with the default rosters now. They rate the awareness way too damn low and guys don't react because they don't know how to react do to piss poor low awareness.

Then you have to edit their Ball Carrier Vision rating and Elusiveness ratings. The speed ratings only makes them fast enough to be listed as scramblers in the game. But if they lack awareness and Vision they'll fail to become good mobile QB's because they aren't smart enough and they don't see the field good enough.

I've always been able to pull it off because when i create hybrid versions of classic rosters it's more realistic to have the ratings high.

But for the guys who enjoy dynasty mode they might not like the ratings of many QB's being increased. Hell they are already going bonkers over the default rosters having high ratings.

This worked great in NCAA 08 and 09. In NCAA 10 the game is programmed a little differently and the QB's don't take off as much but by inflating their ratings (mobile qb's) it gives them a better chance to run more.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 08-26-2009, 08:12 PM   #15
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
The only way you can pull it off is by increasing their actual Awareness and i'm not talking about some ****ty low ratings in the 60's. That is EA's biggest problem with the default rosters now. They rate the awareness way too damn low and guys don't react because they don't know how to react do to piss poor low awareness.

Then you have to edit their Ball Carrier Vision rating and Elusiveness ratings. The speed ratings only makes them fast enough to be listed as scramblers in the game. But if they lack awareness and Vision they'll fail to become good mobile QB's because they aren't smart enough and they don't see the field good enough.

I've always been able to pull it off because when i create hybrid versions of classic rosters it's more realistic to have the ratings high.

But for the guys who enjoy dynasty mode they might not like the ratings of many QB's being increased. Hell they are already going bonkers over the default rosters having high ratings.

This worked great in NCAA 08 and 09. In NCAA 10 the game is programmed a little differently and the QB's don't take off as much but by inflating their ratings (mobile qb's) it gives them a better chance to run more.
I am going to test that out- thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 08:25 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtut313
yea the QB never scrambles outside the pocket looking for receivers.. only time they leave the pocket is as a last resort run when nobody is open

dont matter if its the human statue ryan mallet or juice williams
Well Juice Williams at default has 72 awareness, 82 elusiveness, 85 Ball Carrier Vision, 85 Spin and 85 Juke Move.

Those numbers might appear high but they don't do damn thing for him because overall when compaired to a RB he'd be listed as a power back if switched him.

That means his default #'s are very ordinary IMO. We shouldn't have to increase them but for game play purposes they have to be or else he's just another ordinary guy.

In fact even his awareness at only 72 as a SR IMO is quite comical. I understand you don't want to inflate the ratings anymore than they already are but there is NO SLIDER that effects offensive player awareness.

It's just like the OL they are all rated to be strong as hell but they are dummmm as hell. Now combine that strength and power with some nice awarness and watch how they react much better. IMO they don't even need to be rated in the high 80's and low 90's for strength. Those ratings could be sacrificed for more awarness, agility and acceleration which would all make the OL more atheletic to get out in space and smarter to read blocks correctly.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 08-26-2009 at 08:34 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »