Home

What happened to the AI's QB scramble??

This is a discussion on What happened to the AI's QB scramble?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2009, 08:33 PM   #17
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: What happened to the AI's QB scramble??

i have re-rated my madden roster and now trying with ncaa, they evade the rush mostly but still dont take off like they do on saturdays

another thing i wish guys would test out is the rediculously low RUN BLOCK ratings Wr have and some TE, that why its hard for the cpu to get runs outside the tackles...

why do 90% of the game's Wr have 40-45 RUN BLOCK with it that low they dont even attempt to block....

i have presched this for years...

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 08-26-2009, 08:34 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedrumsdw
Anyone,............. go try playing a team that runs with their QB out of shotgun alot, it is just laughable watching this horrific AI unfold before ones eyes.
It's the devil you know versus the devil you don't. This year the cpu QB runs very little while in 09 the cpu QB ran every third paly. Where is the happy medium?
Old 08-26-2009, 08:39 PM   #19
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

Playmakers, do you have a set of downloadable rosters?

Old 08-26-2009, 08:46 PM   #20
MVP

jorge380's Arena

OVR: 13

Man Playmakers,just do us all a favor and download someones roster and put your magic to work.Just kidding...Could you give us a list on what QB we should edit with this formula?
Old 08-26-2009, 10:08 PM   #21
MVP

Jason_19's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
In fact even his awareness at only 72 as a SR IMO is quite comical. I understand you don't want to inflate the ratings anymore than they already are but there is NO SLIDER that effects offensive player awareness.
It would be great if they would add a slider that relates to awareness in some way. You would think that the different difficulty levels would be the solution, but it's not.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2009, 12:22 AM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

carnalnirvava,

They (EA) coded the game or something this year. The edits will work very well this year for teams that run the Flexbone/Option.

Those QB's seem to function on a different code than the QB's who are in a more conventional offense or spread attack. That is one thing i miss about NCAA 09. The game really became much more lively simply by tweaking the ratings. You could damn near fix just about any game play flaw in NCAA 09 by way of ratings.

This year it's a little tougher to get the QB's to react properly unless you damn near max out certain ratings.

But the OL is still very flexible.....they respond to ratings even better than before. A higher awareness, agility and acceleration rating makes them look like they are really busting their azz to get out in space and make blocks or pick up blitzes off the edge. It's like night and day watching the Moron default OL vs the edited OL.

One of these years EA is gong to go into a film room and observe how blocking is suppose to be in real game. They think suction blocking is the answer to realism. Their should be finesse blockers, power blockers and guys who simply survive on technique like Mark Stepnoski did for years.

As for the WR's blocking I agree that they should be rated a little higher but there simply aren't that many WR's in a class like Hines Ward, Michael Irvin, Chris Carter or Keyshawn Johnson types that loved to mix it up.

They should probably make the minimum setting for a WR start at 50 overall for Run Blocking. They could then use the Run Block Footwork and Run Block Strength ratings to seperate the good blocking WR's from the avg one's.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 08-27-2009, 07:01 AM   #23
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

PM

you said it close to the end, footwork and strength of the WR could be used as a guage to seperate the passionate guys who love to wrestle with the Db, but the game suffers greatly becuase of the 25 most guys get in that department...

i re-rated every player on madden already and to be honest slider tweaks are needed WAY LESS....ncaa is a big task but i'm getting there

I will try with the linemen since i did not edit them to be more athletic...

any other tips are welcomed, i love working on the ratings before sliders becuase i think the ratings can produce some tendencies which i think both game really lacks...

i am not a Ovr fanatic i dont care about that rating, i care about how guys play on the field, i think this is why most people wont do more editing

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 08-27-2009, 01:47 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Yeah the OL really don't need to be that strong. You could decrease their strength and it will free up more value points to add to their awareness, speed, agility and acceleration.

Trust me run a test and take one teams OL and then boost up their awareness to 80+ and watch how they start performing. They'll do some very nice things on blitz pickups and even running plays that calls for sweeps and tosses......the speed ratings will help them get out in front and make blocks and the awareness will allow them locate the proper defender to block more often.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »