Home

What happened to the AI's QB scramble??

This is a discussion on What happened to the AI's QB scramble?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2009, 10:55 AM   #1
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20
What happened to the AI's QB scramble??

What has happened to this element in the game? The AI's QB's will stand in the pocket for 10 seconds and never make any adjustments to even begin to fake like they might run.

How did they break this too?

The AI QB's play like this is an NFL game, just slighty ironic don't ya think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 11:39 AM   #2
All Star

OVR: 24
Re: What happened to the AI's QB scramble??

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedrumsdw
What has happened to this element in the game? The AI's QB's will stand in the pocket for 10 seconds and never make any adjustments to even begin to fake like they might run.

How did they break this too?

The AI QB's play like this is an NFL game, just slighty ironic don't ya think?
I actually think it has more to do with the QB running last year issue more than any code sharing with Madden. Last year all the QBs took off way to often and EA over adjusted like they tend to do. This year not even the scrambling QBs take off. I would be ok with even just the scrambling ones taking off as middle ground.
It really is the #1 issue in my book as it makes alot of teams pretty useless to play against. .
Old 08-26-2009, 11:43 AM   #3
stewaat

OVR:

Never is a strong word. I have had a few QBs take off on me, but it was only a few.

It is definitely an issue, but never is not an appropriate word.

Chill with the exaggeration: never, broken, game killer.

It would be wrong to state exaggeration in the other direction as well: perfect, blocking is fine, progression is fine

If something is a game killer for you, state is as such, quit exaggerating.

Old 08-26-2009, 11:51 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
Never is a strong word. I have had a few QBs take off on me, but it was only a few.

It is definitely an issue, but never is not an appropriate word.

Chill with the exaggeration: never, broken, game killer.

It would be wrong to state exaggeration in the other direction as well: perfect, blocking is fine, progression is fine

If something is a game killer for you, state is as such, quit exaggerating.
You can't deny not having the AI QB scramble has taken a huge chunk out of the College feel of this game.

Look at the top 20. How many of those teams have QBs that can and will hurt you with their legs. Just doesn't happen in NCAA 2010.

Dual Threat QBs in this game are a dual liability. They don't throw very well and they can't beat you with their feet. No special gameplanning is needed against a Terrell Pryor.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:54 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 9

I've seen the QB scramble through 4 games in my dynasty. Also, I looked at Tebow's stats through 3 games and he has 283 yards rushing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 11:58 AM   #6
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
You can't deny not having the AI QB scramble has taken a huge chunk out of the College feel of this game.

Look at the top 20. How many of those teams have QBs that can and will hurt you with their legs. Just doesn't happen in NCAA 2010.

Dual Threat QBs in this game are a dual liability. They don't throw very well and they can't beat you with their feet. No special gameplanning is needed against a Terrell Pryor.

I agree. Pretty much every QB plays the same style on this year's game. QBs staying in the pocket too long is probably one of the reasons we're seeing more sacks this year. Too bad there isn't a happy medium to this issue or an attribute that would allow us to adjust the tendency of a QB to run.
Old 08-26-2009, 02:09 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by crques
I agree. Pretty much every QB plays the same style on this year's game. QBs staying in the pocket too long is probably one of the reasons we're seeing more sacks this year. Too bad there isn't a happy medium to this issue or an attribute that would allow us to adjust the tendency of a QB to run.
Actually there are a few attributes that will allow them to take off if they feel pressure.

I've seen it often.....the only problem is I don't use default rosters. But I'm sure if the tweaks were made to the default players they'd react the same way.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 08-26-2009, 02:30 PM   #8
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

^Talk to me Playmakers. What edits did you make? Thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »