Home

Thanks to EA and the NCAA Dev Team.

This is a discussion on Thanks to EA and the NCAA Dev Team. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2009, 09:06 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
Thanks to EA and the NCAA Dev Team.

Since I am pretty much disgusted with the overall tone of this board I am going to say my piece and leave you all to your trashing. I originally was attracted to this board because it often has the latest information on updates and insight from the developers. But over the last few months the hate and disrespect shown toward the people who work so hard to give us some enjoyment in our free time has grown out of control. It’s not that I don’t like the negative feedback; it’s the way it is given. Calling for people to be fired in this economy is something you shouldn’t wish on anyone. People calling for the heads of the producers… it’s ridiculous. I am all for the wishlist threads and what not but all these posts about how Adam has explaining to do? He doesn’t have to explain a thing to anyone! Neither does Russ or anyone else who posts here or anywhere else. IT IS A PREVELAGE to have these people give you inside information and updates about the game that you can’t get anywhere else. I understand the need to share your wishes and idea’s but it should be done in a respectful manor, b/c sooner or later these people are going to get sick of your SHH and never post again. You are not all developers, you don’t work on games, you don’t know what it takes to put a game together, and you don’t have any insight in to their budget, working environment, or what their bosses are telling them they can and can’t do.

I don’t think anyone can argue that NCAA has gotten better every year on the next gen consoles. That’s really all you can ask for people. Would you rather have 09 be the best ever and 10 be unplayable? Not me! NCAA 04 was a great game, guess what, it was the 4th year of ncaa on ps2. We are in year three on next gen…

That being said I want to thank Adam for deal with people’s “stuff” and always coming back for more. I don’t blame you if you ever choose to leave the board. I just want to thank the entire NCAA EA Staff for all of the work you have done to build a better game every year. Although there is always wants and needs and tweaks to do, I appreciate the work have you have done to give me an enjoyable outlet from the stress of working and paying bills. NCAA 10 is by far my favorite football game and I have I been playing since the SNES and NES days. Please keep up the good work and take everything said on these boards with a grain of salt. You can’t please everyone and you never will. Just continue to put out a better game every year and you will make me happy along with many other people.

Off with my head. Peace.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2009, 09:14 AM   #2
stewaat

OVR:
Re: Thanks to EA and the NCAA Dev Team.

I just hope some don't ruin it for all.

That is all.

Old 08-27-2009, 09:24 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 14

I agree it is the best of this gen. My biggest disappointment is that features that where the bread and butter of this game have been taken out. I can remember the jump from PS1 to PS2, the game was not stripped down. Maybe the problem was just releasing the game to fast on next gen consoles. For me my play time has been cut way down with 3 kids and my job. So when I get to play NCAA and Madden I can enjoy them for what they are to me. A pretty good game of football. To each his own!
Old 08-27-2009, 09:45 AM   #4
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

EA has made me happily eat my words this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 08-27-2009, 09:48 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 8

If people don't do their jobs well then they should be fired. I don't care what the economy is like. I will not pat anyone on the back at EA, even Adam. They abandoned this website and others long ago. There will be no response to the crappy patches. They will appear again in a couple of months talking about 11. It is like clock work with these guys and many of you buy it because you are simply SHEEP.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2009, 09:50 AM   #6
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

OVR: 16

i love the game... always dreamed of an online dynasty... works better this year.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:53 AM   #7
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

OVR: 11

True, some people have been overly harsh.

But, the people who spend time on this board spend way more than $60 for NCAA Football. By spending countless hours trying to debug, do research on progression issues and giving overall suggestions, we are spending $1,000-10,000 every year for this game. Think about it, if you spent 10 hours learning a new skill or working overtime, you would be ahead financially.

If we as a fan base give 100% to this game, and the developers do not address the two biggest issues: Fatigue and progression, then there is a mismatch of expectations. Many people have the right to feel upset about it.

The relationship between us die-hard fans and developers is a 2 way street. In exchange for getting some inside info, we help make the game better. Adam gets as much out of these boards as we do from him.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:09 AM   #8
Rookie

andy4theherd's Arena

OVR: 5

It just like anything else in life. The people who are upset are going to complain. The folks that are happy are off playing the game (not posting here). You will almost always have more people post negative comments in any type of forum relating to a product. People will go out of there way if they are upset about something to be heard. If you are happy with a product do you go out of your way to tell people? Some do, but I would say the majority just go on enjoying said product.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »