Home

5 Things that will make NCAA 11 game of the year!

This is a discussion on 5 Things that will make NCAA 11 game of the year! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2009, 01:51 PM   #33
Rookie

Colorado Cooler's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: 5 Things that will make NCAA 11 game of the year!

Gameplay difficulty level needs to extend to recruiting e.g. if I select Heisman level, recruiting should be more difficult than if I play varsity. The recruiting module is unrealistically easy for accomplished players because: (1) There are dozens of highly ranked players who don't receive early offers (2) Most highly ranked players only have a few offers (3) Soft verbals are too easily swayed, for instance soft verbals can be readily induced to visit a different school first during the home visit process and commit to that school (4) the promise module should kick early in the process (5) the team's performance during the recruiting year should immediately translate as a wild card factor because some recruits will be drawn to or away from a program based upon great wins and bad losses.
Old 11-01-2009, 02:56 PM   #34
MVP

duckfever8's Arena

OVR: 23

1. Do what NCAA Basketball 10 did in terms of presentation, with ESPN/ABC (since they pretty much have the same broadcast presentation) for the big games, and CBS/Fox Sports/Big Ten Network for specific conference games. Also do what Madden did in their franchise with their studio show and put a College Gameday-type show with Corso, Herbstreit and Fowler (or Nessler because he already works there at EA with the other two).

2. When you take a Sun Belt/C-USA team to powerhouse status and to the SEC to replace Kentucky or Vanderbilt or someone like that, you should be able to expand the stadiums. No college powerhouse plays in a 7,000 seat stadium. Maybe in the days of leather helmets, but not now.

3. Coaches on the sideline/Coaches retiring or getting fired (a must, coaches are one of the most important things in college football, and Bobby Bowden shouldn't coach the Seminoles in 2015). Also, formation subs and better poll logic (An undefeated TCU won't get in the NC over a 1-loss Florida or USC).

4. Fix gameplay!!! The O-line needs to block correctly and not get called for holding all the time. There needs to be more throwing animations for QB's instead of the generic throwing stance.

5. Fix the progression in Dynasty. Stop having every player after a few years be in the 90's in ratings. Guys on Eastern Michigan shouldn't be 99 overall.
Old 11-01-2009, 05:38 PM   #35
Pro

OVR: 5

I am not saying this is at the top of my list, but this is very basic and I can't believe EA broke this aspect of the game.

EA needs to bring back night games. In my USU Dyansty, I play games that start between 7 and 10PM and the lighting never turns to night time. The games will start as an evening game and progress to dusk, but that is it.

Also, EA needs to fix the lighting and shadowing, period - playing a game at dusk is like playing a football game on Mars.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2009, 07:18 PM   #36
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxattax3
1. upgradable/expandable stadiums. No point in turning FIU into a 6* school if 12,000 people are there to watch them play in the SEC. You should be able to add upper decks, enclose stadiums with retractable roofs, tear down and build a brand new stadium etc. We should be able to see the changes in-game, too that would be sweet. I have been waiting for this one for a while. Cant wait to play an SMU, or Army, or Wyoming home game in front of 90,000 fans haha. or to visit the Florida gators after they have fallen from grace and have become a 2* school that plays in front of 1,500 fans in a 14,000 capacity stadium.
That one is huge for me. I've been begging for this one for a while now. I hate winning championships with smaller schools only to year after year keep going back to the small stadium. This would be huge for Dynasty mode.

And we need it to be an either build a brand new one or create expansions to existing stadiums. Some of us want to create on to our current stadiums. Also, we can have the stadium expander outside of dynasty mode just in case they miss our actual expansions, we can create them ourselves.

But yes, stadium expander/creator is a must for dynasty mode. I think if we were given some kind of A.D. mode it would help this too. We'd have get money from boosters or the town we're in to build our new stadium or expand the existing one. Could be great.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:46 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 5

EVERY CROWD NEEDS TO HAVE GREENMAN HIDDEN IN IT... I'm partly joking, but seriously every game I've watched, no matter what the school colors, someone has been dressed up as Greenman... And I watch almost every damn game (ABC, CBS, NBC, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPN360, FSN, CSS, etc)...

Last edited by EHSheadhunter09; 11-01-2009 at 09:49 PM.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:06 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by helix139
1. Actual blocking schemes (offense) and gap assignment logic(defense). That's my only real wish. Then you'd have an actual football game. This goes for Madden too.

2. 85 man roster limit. Let me put every scholarship player my team has in the game.
Yes, please. All of the bells and whistles people are clamoring for in this thread mean nothing to me if the game on the field is not up to par.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:11 AM   #39
Banned

IRISHFBFAN1's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
LOL at bitter Notre Dame fan!

should not be bitter, shpuld not be bitter at all!
Old 11-02-2009, 07:59 AM   #40
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

i would like to know where OP saw momentum and physics in madden.

could it be the db's that turn on a dime, the d-linemen, or the running backs that change directions with out planting their feet, where exactly is this madden momentum?

#18 greatest EVA....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »