Home

Complaint post worthless

This is a discussion on Complaint post worthless within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2009, 02:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Complaint post worthless

Everyone on all the forums are always complaining and flaming EA but to prove my point( that we need to give them better information in order to see them fix it).

Quote:
So I just got done running multiple sims into years 10+ and on average my players overalls looked like this:

99 OVR ~30
90-98 OVR ~550

Which with roughly 8,000 players puts only 14.5% of the players over 90. Now I've read the reports of people not getting these numbers and some of them being pretty much spot on (maybe a tad high, but not broken).

Other then saying "Progression is broken" provide some details please; like:

Are you using an accelerator?
What year are you in?
How many players are at 99? (if you can do the 90+ count that would be helpful as well, but it takes a little bit more effort)
What Team are you using?
Offline/Online Dynasty?
And anything else you might think is useful...

Thanks,
-Russ
By providing more valuable information the developers can actually make steps forward, but just constantly griping how things don't work correctly is pointless.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2009, 02:54 PM   #2
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: Complaint post worthless

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillinscott
Everyone on all the forums are always complaining and flaming EA but to prove my point( that we need to give them better information in order to see them fix it).

By providing more valuable information the developers can actually make steps forward, but just constantly griping how things don't work correctly is pointless.
Shouldnt they have done this work when they decided to tweak progression this year?

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:13 PM   #3
Rookie

I agree that more testing should have been done on this issue but we don't know what deadlines they are working on and maybe just having 8 to 9 months to work out these issues is not enough time. Also, u have to understand that the formula used for player progression is very difficult. Instead of all these people hating on EA they should derive a formula for a players progression, based on school prestige, the player's potential, and the coach's prestige.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:24 PM   #4
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
I agree that more testing should have been done on this issue but we don't know what deadlines they are working on and maybe just having 8 to 9 months to work out these issues is not enough time. Also, u have to understand that the formula used for player progression is very difficult. Instead of all these people hating on EA they should derive a formula for a players progression, based on school prestige, the player's potential, and the coach's prestige.
This is why they should focus there effort on fixing fundamental things. And stop adding fluff. It just takes away vaulable time that could be used other places.

But right now its like walking into McDonalds and them asking you what temp they should be cooking at or how much salt to add to the fries. Its there job to have this working properly not ours.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:25 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:

Dude, that post by Russ was pretty ridiculous. We gave him all of that info and then he acted like there was no information out there on the subject. And he didn't address it until after the patch had already been sent away.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2009, 04:18 PM   #6
Rookie

More than likely the progression is a function that they can't patch, it seems to me like he is trying to use this data for next yeras game.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:20 PM   #7
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

How and what more information could Russ and OMT want..There is a long long thread regarding all the problems and glitches, as well as a long long thread regarding player proggression problems...it's funny how none of this was checked in 8 months of development..it's also funny how you presumably sit down with the game you are developing and not notice that my players aren't fatiguing or substituting, my player proggression is out of wack, when I edit a player it reverts back to a totally different body type, and or my qb throws the ball too quickly whenthere is man coverage, or gee why does my white sleeves look grey?...these are just some of the problems that should have been discovered way before release and subsequently addressed..Whats the point of Community Day when nothing gets accomplished?...While I don't condone anyone losing there job someone has to be held accountable for what has happened with NCAA the last 3years..I am talking about major gameplay bugs that should not be found upon release...
Old 08-27-2009, 04:37 PM   #8
Pro

billysims's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
This is why they should focus there effort on fixing fundamental things. And stop adding fluff. It just takes away vaulable time that could be used other places.

But right now its like walking into McDonalds and them asking you what temp they should be cooking at or how much salt to add to the fries. Its there job to have this working properly not ours.
You're right, it is their job. But the guy has a point. The more constructive anyone can be the better. People are frustrated, sure, but the better the feedback, the better chance of seeing improvement at some point.

Or, using your example: if you can tell them what specifically you dont like about the fries, the better chance you have of getting better fries the next time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »