Home

"QB Freezes on Triple Option Plays??

This is a discussion on "QB Freezes on Triple Option Plays?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2009, 08:51 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
"QB Freezes on Triple Option Plays??

This post is a request for others to comment regarding whether or not they have also seen the following issue in NCAA10.

I play in "Coach Mode" - meaning I let the CPU run the plays I call. I do not take control of players.

When I run Triple Option plays, I occasionally see the following issue occur. The QB pulls out from under Center, attempts to hand the ball to the FB as the 1st option of the triple option, but does not complete the handoff. Then, the QB freezes in place and does not move and is quickly tackled for about a 2 yard loss.

I have seen this result when running Triple Option plays from a variety of formations, but it is most prevalent when running from either the Wishbone or Flexbone formations.

I have run tests with CPU versus CPU games and watched the same type of Triple Option plays unfold, but with different results. During CPU versus CPU games, the QB will complete the handoff to the FB. I have never seen the QB complete the handoff to the FB when I am calling plays and the CPU is running the plays I call. Also, I have never seen the QB Freeze during CPU versus CPU games.

Comments please?

Thanks,

Art
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2009, 12:27 PM   #2
MVP

Maxattax3's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: "QB Freezes on Triple Option Plays??

maybe you touched the controller or something? Honestly I dont know how you can sit there and watch the CPU play. I have to take over to make it look realistic.
Old 08-29-2009, 08:58 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: "QB Freezes on Triple Option Plays??

That has been an issue for several years in "coach mode" and the triple option. Regular options work but you have to make the different fakes and hand-offs manually during a triple option. Not sure why that is but it didn't work in the last few last-gen versions either. I just avoid that play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »