Home

What's the Craziest Thing You've seen in the Polls?

This is a discussion on What's the Craziest Thing You've seen in the Polls? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2009, 08:27 PM   #9
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: What's the Craziest Thing You've seen in the Polls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndhusker90
that would never happen...you would be the unanimous #1 hands down.
the polls are ridiculous.
lol there's a lot of things that would never happen IRL, that happen on this game....especially in the polls.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:53 PM   #10
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41

Army as National Champions. LSU 13-0 #4!!!
This is crazy.

I have won like 20 Super Bowls in Madden so I am kinda a big deal.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:13 PM   #11
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special27K
Rose Bowl Year 1
#4 Nevada 65 vs #6 USC 68 OT

Nevada was 11-1 in the regular season. Their only loss to number #3 Boise State. There OC schedule was Notre Dame, Colorado State, Mizzou, and UNLV. All unranked.
I would've restart dynasty over that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brady
Let's see:
  • USC was #25 even though they had a 1-4 record
  • Central Michigan keeps going 13-0 and making to the Rose Bowl
  • Florida and USC were #1 and #2 respectively. I had an unbeaten Penn State team. Florida and SC both lost, but they only switched positions. WTF?
You beat me, in my dynasty, USC was something like 2-3 and still ranked in the top 15.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2009, 08:15 PM   #12
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34

Well, this actually happened in NCAA 08 for PS2 but I started my dynasty with Pitt and decided to play the Michigan vs. Appalachian St. game to recreate UM's epic loss (sorry Michigan fans). Well, I kept it close and managed to have Michigan lose 45-38. Well, after that week they only fell 2 spots in the polls, from #5 to #7 I think.

As for NCAA 10 (still for PS2), I'm only in my 2nd season but in my 1st season BYU was 10-2 and ranked in the top 10 and got a BCS Bowl while I won the Big East with Pitt finishing 11-1 and ranked #9 and got put in the Armed Forces Bowl. Also, Texas got to play for the NC despite not even playing in the Big XII championship game. Texas' only loss was to OU who had been ranked #1 until being upset by Oklahoma St. in their last game but OU still got the Big XII championship game by virtue of their head to head win over Texas.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:17 PM   #13
Rookie

BuckeyesFan21's Arena

OVR: 3

USC consistently finishes with 3 or 4 losses in my dynasty.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:17 AM   #14
Rookie

ebarws6's Arena

OVR: 9

Top three in week 2 is 0-1................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................
Old 08-31-2009, 05:58 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurghFan81
Well, this actually happened in NCAA 08 for PS2 but I started my dynasty with Pitt and decided to play the Michigan vs. Appalachian St. game to recreate UM's epic loss (sorry Michigan fans). Well, I kept it close and managed to have Michigan lose 45-38. Well, after that week they only fell 2 spots in the polls, from #5 to #7 I think.

As for NCAA 10 (still for PS2), I'm only in my 2nd season but in my 1st season BYU was 10-2 and ranked in the top 10 and got a BCS Bowl while I won the Big East with Pitt finishing 11-1 and ranked #9 and got put in the Armed Forces Bowl. Also, Texas got to play for the NC despite not even playing in the Big XII championship game. Texas' only loss was to OU who had been ranked #1 until being upset by Oklahoma St. in their last game but OU still got the Big XII championship game by virtue of their head to head win over Texas.
didnt some variation of that happen in real life??????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2009, 10:00 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

preseason #1 and was 7-0, #2 team was Houston and 6-0. I had A+ schedule (7 ranked teams included 3 in top 15 and preseaosn #2 PSU). The next week i won my conference game against Flroida (i play as Bama) and Houston beat Rice. Houston did not have a single team ranked on their schedule and only 2 teams with winning records, yet they jumped me and i was #2. they later lost and i regained #1 though.

In my first year I saw Houston beat Ruutgers for the Nat. Champ. both were undefeated going in but there was also an unbeaten PSU and Cal.

I too see USC ranked and have a losing record

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »