Home

PS3 patch#2 - 2 games only one facemask penalty

This is a discussion on PS3 patch#2 - 2 games only one facemask penalty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2009, 08:38 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
PS3 patch#2 - 2 games only one facemask penalty

I've played 2 games in my online dynasty since patch#2 came out for PS3...I've ran aggressive strip about 75% of the time and have only had one facemask penalty.

Obviously, the risk/reward for this was flawed from the start (aggressive strips should result in missed tackles not facemask penalties) and the penalties made it completely useless.

I'd be interested to see if this holds up for future games or was this just complete luck? I'm worried that they will once again EA created a problem to fix a problem because now people will just run aggressive all game long with minimal to no negative consequences forcing the offense to run conservative running which further weakens the running game.

If anyone else can chime in and either confirm this is true or if the facemask problem is still there that'd be good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2009, 10:01 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 37
Re: PS3 patch#2 - 2 games only one facemask penalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteFury
I've played 2 games in my online dynasty since patch#2 came out for PS3...I've ran aggressive strip about 75% of the time and have only had one facemask penalty.

Obviously, the risk/reward for this was flawed from the start (aggressive strips should result in missed tackles not facemask penalties) and the penalties made it completely useless.

I'd be interested to see if this holds up for future games or was this just complete luck? I'm worried that they will once again EA created a problem to fix a problem because now people will just run aggressive all game long with minimal to no negative consequences forcing the offense to run conservative running which further weakens the running game.

If anyone else can chime in and either confirm this is true or if the facemask problem is still there that'd be good.
I have only had a couple... but I lowered face masking to 55.
Old 08-29-2009, 11:04 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

did you create an unrealistic number of fumbles too? I haven't used the aggression thing at all since the first game. I think I got called for 4 in a row at one point, so I just accepted it as broken and gave up on it.
Old 08-29-2009, 11:15 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovarich
did you create an unrealistic number of fumbles too? I haven't used the aggression thing at all since the first game. I think I got called for 4 in a row at one point, so I just accepted it as broken and gave up on it.
I got a couple but I don't know what my opponent's ball carrying strategy was set to. The key point is that even though I had it set to aggressive I didn't have as many of the animations where they try to strip it.
Old 08-29-2009, 11:45 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

That makes me feel slightly better about it, but like you said, trying to rip out the ball shouldn't result in face mask penalties, it should result in missed tackles, so I still think I'll pass on using it.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »