Home

NCAA '10 is next gen Tecmo Bowl

This is a discussion on NCAA '10 is next gen Tecmo Bowl within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2009, 08:46 AM   #9
Banned

JaBronie247's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NCAA '10 is next gen Tecmo Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
JTS & RC need to go, or at the very least have an on/off option!
Do you think they can make a patch for that? if not hope they do next year! Madden 10 had Fight For The Fumble a On/Off feature which was good
Old 08-30-2009, 08:48 AM   #10
Banned

JaBronie247's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteFury
So I decided to run toss left and the defense committed run right. Good right?

No, the strong safety in the slot on my left side in the 4-2-5 reversed field and tackled me for no gain.

Thanks EA.
Bro are you trying to get your voice heard on EA or what? man Ncaa Football 10 is a good game an no its not a masterpiece but comparing this to Techmo Bowl??? Thats just not even right man but hey if this game is so bad why don't you just throw in the towel an play Techmo Bowl
Old 08-30-2009, 08:59 AM   #11
Banned

JaBronie247's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenTigh
Comparing this buggy piece of crap to Tecmo Bowl is blasphemy... Tecmo Bowl was a masterpiece for its time.
Of its time man! that game is way too old for saying "Comparing this buggy piece of crap to Tecmo Bowl is blasphemy..." Tecmo Bowl is like 20 years old man! also back then they never actually had the variety of sports games like we do EX:Ncaa Football/Madden/Blitz/NFL 2k so maybe thats why alot of people liked it man!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2009, 09:40 AM   #12
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaBronie247
Of its time man! that game is way too old for saying "Comparing this buggy piece of crap to Tecmo Bowl is blasphemy..." Tecmo Bowl is like 20 years old man! also back then they never actually had the variety of sports games like we do EX:Ncaa Football/Madden/Blitz/NFL 2k so maybe thats why alot of people liked it man!
Are you serious? No disrespect, but you must be a young kid. Tecmo Bowl is a classic, which is a lot more than I can say for this game. I occasionally play Tecmo Bowl with my son on the Wii. You wouldn't believe how much of actual real football they capture in the game. They had a pocket. NCAA just got that this year. They accurately represented a QB looking at his receiver before he threw the ball, NCAA still don't have that. Before this year, NCAA didn't have overthrown/underthrown inaccurate passes, Tecmo Bowl did. They had better run blocking in Tecmo Bowl lol. You see, NCAA is just catching up to Tecmo Bowl and in some areas still haven't caught up lol.

There's more I just don't feel like naming it all. Do a search, there's a thread in the Madden forums that's title something like Tecmo Bowl has this why not Madden. You'd see a bunch of stuff.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:51 AM   #13
Banned

JaBronie247's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
There's more I just don't feel like naming it all. Do a search, there's a thread in the Madden forums that's title something like Tecmo Bowl has this why not Madden. You'd see a bunch of stuff.
Also there is allot of threads of NFL 2K5 Better then Madden too but I still don't understand when people make threads like this for he is saying Ncaa Football Next Gen Tecmo Bowl so for you that must mean a good game for Tecmo Bowl was a good game
Old 08-30-2009, 09:59 AM   #14
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Also there is allot of threads of NFL 2K5 Better then Madden too but I still don't understand when people make threads like this for he is saying Ncaa Football Next Gen Tecmo Bowl so for you that must mean a good game for Tecmo Bowl was a good game
It's a comparison man. There should be no comparison. NCAA, or any football game for that matter, should blow Tecmo Bowl out of the water with all the advancements in technology over the years. It doesn't though. Tecmo Bowl was a good game in 1990. I enjoy playing it with my son, but I wouldn't be joining an online franchise on it or nothing lol. When people says it's a masterpiece of it's time, they mean when it came out there was stuff in it that had never been seen before in a football game. It played a great game of football and still does to a certain extent.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:05 AM   #15
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Let me help you out with the comparsion!

Tecmo bowl 89= arcade game

NCAA 10=arcade game

You see the point he was trying to make?

At this point many people expect NCAA of this and other gens to have a completely SIM feel for dynasty mode to play calling to on the field.

FYI. I didnt recall seeing a Mascout Match up game in Madden or tug-a-war or bowling.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2009, 11:29 AM   #16
Pro

wisecav's Arena

OVR: 16

Techmo Bowl was pretty sweet.
Boston Celtics
Boston Red Sox
Washington Capitals

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »