Home

Any PS2 players? Bug confirmations?

This is a discussion on Any PS2 players? Bug confirmations? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2009, 03:54 AM   #1
Rookie

cheesesteak's Arena

OVR: 2
Any PS2 players? Bug confirmations?

Just wondering if these are bugs or just terrible, terrible features:

R3/Right stick not working on offense, pre-snap, non-audible (i.e. no hard count or quick route runs)
70% of 5-star recruits being QB or WR
WRs commonly 90+ OVR on current teams

Please, PS2 players! Is this how it is for your games? (i'll assume yes on the last one listed).

Of course, there are plenty of bugs/terrible features I'm used to from the past few PS2 NCAA's such as:
too many mid-majors getting 4-, 5-star recruits
******** sim stats
******** CPU depth charts
******** CPU recruiting

Sorry if this has been posted before, as I'm sure it has. I couldn't find it via search or in the 1st 10 pages. And thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2009, 12:26 PM   #2
Rookie

GrayFolded's Arena

Re: Any PS2 players? Bug confirmations?

The answer is yes to all of your questions......

The worst is the recruiting, I have never seen a 5 Star OL, TE or DE in over 20 years of simming....

There are at least 4-5 5 Star Punters every year....

The game is garbage...It was fine last year, it's like they screwed it up ON PURPOSE, whoever rated the players is ********!!!!!!!!
Old 08-31-2009, 12:39 PM   #3
MVP

adice15's Arena

OVR: 18

i agree with above. the recruiting is terrible. there was no top 100 lineman offense or defense in my first 2 years. also while going into game prep mode it was still loading after over 24 hours so i have had to restart my franchise because i forgot to save.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:06 PM   #4
Rookie

cheesesteak's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayFolded
The game is garbage...It was fine last year
If memory serves me right, this is the last year for a ps2 edition, right? Looks like I'll have to catch up w/ the rest of the world and look into investing in a ps3/360/wii...
Old 09-01-2009, 11:58 AM   #5
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayFolded
The game is garbage...It was fine last year, it's like they screwed it up ON PURPOSE, whoever rated the players is ********!!!!!!!!
EA doesn't give a flying crap about us PS2 players anymore. On top of all that, the Big Easts bowl tie ins are completely messed up (actually, non-existent would probably be a better word). In both of my 1st 2 seasons of a dynasty with Pitt, all bowl eligible Big East teams received at large bids to bowls and the BE champion didn't get a BCS Bowl. In the first year, I won the championship and wound up in the Armed Forces Bowl while in the second season Cincinnati won the championship and got the Motor City Bowl, both at large selections to those bowls. I think EA just likes to screw the Big East on purpose. I can't even get good recruting classes with Pitt while in the Big East, but as soon as I jump to the ACC I start getting top 10-15 classes (Has been like that for years).
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »