Home

Just played a super awesome cheeser

This is a discussion on Just played a super awesome cheeser within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2009, 12:06 AM   #17
MVP

FunkDockta27's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Just played a super awesome cheeser

i played probably the best random online game a day or two ago, we both rocked 1*'s...he did have the advantadge of a mobile qb, but he didnt rape we with him. I guess all im saying is you never know what youre gonna get...anyway we threw down, beat me by 3 in the final minute...

i did play tOSU a few nights before, and he quit cuz i threw a QB Contain and a LB spy on Pryor, and he ended up down 21-0 pretty effin quick lol...man I coulda logged a win! seems to happen to me all the time...I'm 0-career in NCAA10 lol...

i dont actually know what cheese is really, i just try to counter everything they throw at me, and figure it out (hopefully before I get too far behind)...speaking of which....im off to try to play a game now...ahhh NCAA man I cant wait til the season begins

FIFA12 PS3
St Pats 44 pts; 2nd place

NCAA14 PS3
Career W-L: 50-39
NoTex 2013 CUSA Champs
Old 09-02-2009, 12:32 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOSMedia4SC
This is the one that pisses me off. Played a guy that ran the 1-5-5 and could not run against it. Let alone he pressed every receiver and TE. I finally was told how to beat it, but its just boring and stupid. I tried telling him how it wasnt real football to run that every play to stop the run and he didnt even get it.

I have yet to see the ss/cb at DE, but I can imagine that you should be able to run all over that correct?

how do you beat it ?
Old 09-02-2009, 01:21 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram29jackson
how do you beat it ?
It's a formation, not a play. It's not like a 1-5-5 SS Blitz is beaten the same way a 1-5-5 cover 3 is beaten. We all know the game doesn't simulate the effect on the running game it would have in real life. Consider this though. Post patch run commit is EXTREMELY risky. People have killed me for doing it and vice versa by throwing deep or in the flats. This takes away some of the advantage. But as far as how to generally do well against that formation...on the obvious front, run the ball more. With bigger sets and lead blockers. Take advantage of smaller LB's that should be pushed around more in run sets than DL (even though not as much as should like if a D ran it in real life). Mix up your play calling.

People get so confused when a 1-5-5 is thrown out there with a show blitz. It's going to be not much different then going against any other defense, except you have less of an idea of who is coming after your qb because only one person is on the line.

Look at who is coming (is it more than 4? if not it's the same as a 4 man straight up) then go through whatever your passing progressions are like usual.

Edit: If you were talking about 1-5-5 press/man, then the way to beat that is wait for your wideouts to get seperation because eventually it will happen. Run what you usually run but hot route some slants and such. Throw to the rbs more because they don't get pressed.

Last edited by knaw46; 09-02-2009 at 01:25 AM.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:39 AM   #20
MVP

FunkDockta27's Arena

Ahhh Win #3 that doesnt count for my record! I think this young man, probably cried himself to sleep. I'm not whining he quit with:01 to go, trust me i know what I'm getting into online. no, i just wanted to post about how he brought his dreaded Gators into Cincy, and the Bearcats who lost Pike and Ramsey for the game late in the 1st qtr, slapped his pre-pubescent a double crooked lettaaaahhh...what ya gonna do...whatchya gonna do when scrambling, commits, and 3-2-6 and 1-5-5's fail you?

Don't cry for ya daddy whats that gonna do, when he's just as shook as you?

Anyway yeah, like I said, I have learned a bit from some of the guys here about countering, now when I dont roll with Wash St, or Idaho, or North Texas it does work a little better haha...but Cincy over Florida, I'm happy with that....thanks guys for some nice tips. It's a joy when Sim can beat Acrade

FIFA12 PS3
St Pats 44 pts; 2nd place

NCAA14 PS3
Career W-L: 50-39
NoTex 2013 CUSA Champs
Old 09-03-2009, 02:03 PM   #21
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by knaw46
Here's a good example of cheese things in this game.

Wr as a qb.
SS/CB as a DE.
Scrambling out or up the middle every play with a running qb.
Using 3-2-6/1-5-5 every play to stop the run

It's a joke if anyone tries to prove that putting a wr into a te spot is anywhere near as effective as doing one of the things above. Those things are cheese. This, is not.
a tight end is a blocker first, receiver second.
how often do you see a coach sub in a WR at the TE position? especially if its for the entire game?
it is cheese. not as obvious as what you said, but its still cheese.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2009, 03:15 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 6
Location: PA, but born & rasied in Hollis, Queens NY. MM username: jkhaalis991

Quote:
Originally Posted by knaw46
Not sure why putting a WR at TE is cheese. You can sub in an extra wideout for the TE's spot in most formations with the defensive packages anyways. You lose definite blocking when you run also.
Comments like these is why I don't play random people online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
If you play online vs. randoms you deserve all the headaches you come across.
CHUUURCH!!!!

I have been apart of "The Tradition" since NCAA started online dynasties. Come check it out.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:32 PM   #23
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

Like knaw46 said, you can put wide-outs in at tight-end in almost any formation. I'm not sure what your complaining about. Man-up with a safety on the tight end, or use double the tight end. Even at that it's still not that hard to stop. When one person can't stop a certain play or player in the game, then it's always cheese. Not just that you can't stop it because you probably run the same defense all the time, but that the other player cheats. I hate this. If your going to play games online, either play against friends or don't play.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:53 PM   #24
MVP

GaryT531's Arena

OVR: 19

These are all reasons why I gave up playing sports games online, it just makes me too mad and takes all of the fun out of it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »